• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC-1000 and Corel X3 question

rfate

I am operating in XP and can only size my media (while "printing" from Corel x3) to 16.50" x 62.99". :banghead: Not real handy for most jobs. I'm thinking I need to get some cutting sof tware. Any suggestions? $?

OldPaint

iam thinking you aint settin it it up right!!!!
i HAD A PNC-1000, and i cut from COREL.............and i had it set for 19.50 x 62.99!!!!
YOU........need to set MEDIA SIZE in the ROLAND DRIVER, and also SET PAGE SIZE in corel.........TO BE THE SAME SIZES.
as for the length, its a DEFAULT SETTING on that plotter. you can do longer stuff, but need a SIGN-CAD program that can PANEL. BUT, with that plotter, i wouldnt recommend increasing the length past 62.99, as its not known for its tracking.
you can, if your smart, learn to cut in that 62.99 window, you can PANEL each one.

rfate

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now.... manually panelling and a 4 hour job takes twice the time. I know my equipment is the minimum to operate a sign company, but I'm just getting back into the biz after staying at home with my kids for the past 6 years. Ya gotta start somewhere. I guess I will limp along until I can get some REAL equipment. Thanks for the info OldPaint. I really appreciate it.

OldPaint

PNC-1000 has a cut speed of 15 IPS. OK?
so it dont matter what you cut and the length........IT IS SLOW!!!
i hada PNC-1100, cut speed was 34 ips......seemed like a rocket, after the PNC-1000.
i now have a CX-300..........and it will do well over 50 IPS.............i no longer wait for vinyl to cut.
point being................you need a BETTER PLOTTER. 20" material is scarce. 15, is to small most of the time.
24" being the NORM and 30" great.
one of the people here on 101 has a couple of PNC-1210..........you might look ito getting.......would really put in the "fast lane."