• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pole banner hems

CL Graphics

Doing some pole banners in a week a two. These are the kind that attach to the side of a light pole and hang vertically with a horizontal pole on top and bottom. The banners will be double side. Do I need to hem the edges on these or just sew pole pocket in the top and bottom. If i need to hem the edges the image from the front is going to show where it is doubled over.

Doing some pole banners in a week a two. These are the kind that attach to the side of a light pole and hang vertically with a horizontal pole on top and bottom. The banners will be double side. Do I need to hem the edges on these or just sew pole pocket in the top and bottom. If i need to hem the edges the image from the front is going to show where it is doubled over.

We always do side hems, but I have seen them without. What we do is copy the front art on to the back art where it folds over so they match. It's not easy and you will probably screw up the first one (I did) but it looks great when done right.

rfulford

Hemmed or not is a matter of preference. I see both but usually go without the hems. We also place a grommet at the top of the pocket so the banner can be zip tied to the post. I guess some people like to take them down.

petepaz

i don't think you have to
but i think they recomend it i believe it makes the edges stronger
helps prevent ripping

CL Graphics

i'm thinking the hems will keep the edges from curling and possibly eventually tearing. Thing is the art they provided is going to make it a pita to do.

I made some 6 months ago or so, printed on the back side of the banner, laminated it, then printed vinyl and laid it on the reverse side and put pole pockets on top & bottom. They are still up and look great. I would have printed on both sides of the banner material, but not quite pinned down how to make the print positions match up..