• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Political/election templates - where to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si Allen

What is this guy doing here? That is besides trying to avoid paying a sign shop?

Work Description
Financial Services, Property Management Services, Real Estate Investments
Position
Member/Manager
Plotters & Printers
None Yet
Signmaking & Graphics Software
None Yet

:frustrated:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What is this guy doing here? That is besides trying to avoid paying a sign shop?
:frustrated:

Learning the sign business Si. Read through his posts and sit in awe of how helpful he has been. In addition Do-over had a premium subscription for a year ... so I'd have to say that he's done a stand-up job of being a solid Signs 101 member.

Not only that.... he's been a member for over three years and can't do a simple election sign layout. :doh:

Gino, I've been making signs full-time since 1983 and I would have to research what a good looking layout would look like for an election. I don't think I've done one since the 1980's.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No slam towards you, Fred or even the OP, but other than some red or blue boxes on a field with some stars, the words 'vote', 'elect' or 're-elect'.... how hard is it to make [as I had put it].... a simple election sign ??

Even the site you or Addie pointed him towards is nothing more than that. Just about the most basic of signs on the planet.

The guy might mean well and he's been a 'Premium' member for a while, but he isn't showing he's learned a thing.

I measure a person's ability by what he's learned.... how far he's come. Not his level of expertise, but how hard he/she's tried or applied themselves, not by their words. He might mean well and be talking the talk, but he sure ain't walking the walk..... anyway, not by posting something like this. Sure, everyone wants to learn, but like I said, this is the most basic of things and he can't do it.... or doesn't want to.

JKADesigns

No slam towards you, Fred or even the OP, but other than some red or blue boxes on a field with some stars, the words 'vote', 'elect' or 're-elect'.... how hard is it to make [as I had put it].... a simple election sign ??

Even the site you or Addie pointed him towards is nothing more than that. Just about the most basic of signs on the planet.

The guy might mean well and he's been a 'Premium' member for a while, but he isn't showing he's learned a thing.

I measure a person's ability by what he's learned.... how far he's come. Not his level of expertise, but how hard he/she's tried or applied themselves, not by their words. He might mean well and be talking the talk, but he sure ain't walking the walk..... anyway, not by posting something like this. Sure, everyone wants to learn, but like I said, this is the most basic of things and he can't do it.... or doesn't want to.

I would certanily agree with this analysis... I've only been interested in this for a month, but I've learned a lot and I wouldn't dare ask for an Election Sign Template. Just... Times New Roman font it and "ELECT RON PAUL 2012"... and make it fit on a 18x24 sign... Seriously.

I've read a lot on this site and now when I go out it's easy to spot the "bad" signs and the "mediocre" and the "horrible" signs... I've yet to find a really good one except for the big names.

As an aside, nothing to do with this thread, a 48x24 sign with the business name in 2" high letters half on top half on bottom and a huge piece of art in the middle doesn't qualify as a "sign".... Seen on a just-opened chiropractic business. Nuts.

TheSnowman

I'd have Jill do one for me. Then you get something custom, and it doesn't cost you much more than a prefab one would have.

Do-Over

You guys are all high and mighty...lol... ya want a real laugh - check out my brochures on my website. Doubt any of you can make signs in stone. Truth be told I'm so busy doing a multitude of things...that "this guy" doesn't want to waste his $100/sq ft time designing simple template signs with stripes, bars, and banners just to add a candidates name and office. My time is better spent on higher end projects. btw - my brochures can be found here my kings...bowing to the higher than mighty ones here...
http://www.signsfromaboveonline.com/store/WsPages.asp?ID=3
So in the meantime...while I'm engraving Real Signs and Monuments in stone you boneheads keep riding your high horse! I just was asked for a price to do 225sq ft' of Engraving in Limestone for a Major D.O.T public project to the tune of almost 20K...what are you doing...lol

What a crime to ask a simple question.... Let me know if any of you guys have done anything significant....My work will stand long after I'm gone....what about yours?

and BTW...thats what "this guy" is doing here. Guess it's a crime to be an accountant also and have multiple companies. What narrow mindedness prevails here. Unbelievable.

Kevin
Signs from Above

klemgraphics

That's some thin skin right there...if your so good and experienced wouldn't it take you longer to find the right templates to purchase than it will to create your own?

If your so busy with high end projects why waste your time with political signs anyway??

Do-Over

That's some thin skin right there...if your so good and experienced wouldn't it take you longer to find the right templates to purchase than it will to create your own?

If your so busy with high end projects why waste your time with political signs anyway??

I have 19 towns in one county who are banding together to get them so I though I'd like to offer them a catalogue of 50 or so to choose from rather than spend the time designing 50 of them...especially idf they are already available for purchase.

And it has nothing to do with "thin Skin" it has to do with those who read a simple question and made Big Assumptions based on negligable research. High end projects don't come along everday which is why I do the other things I do. I'm in a very small community so I have to wear many hats. The fact of the matter is I was doing stones before signs and Signs involves a similar process so I naturally expanded that way. Make sense?

klemgraphics

I have 19 towns in one county who are banding together to get them so I though I'd like to offer them a catogue of 50 or so to choose from rather than spend the time designing 50 of them...especially idf they are already available for purchase.

And it has nothing to do with "thin Skin" it has to do with those who read a simple question and made Big Assumptions based on negligable research.
Gotcha, should have said that to begin with and then no assumptions would have to be made. Maybe you can just hire Jill to do these for you(if she will even do them), I'm sure they would be better than anything you can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.