• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Political/election templates - where to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do-Over

Not only that.... he's been a member for over three years and can't do a simple election sign layout. :doh:

Quite possibly my time is better spent other than design simple layouts for a catalogue of them that already exists. My house needs to be cleaned also ... but at $10/hour I'll have someone else do it because it is cheaper than me doing it Not because I can't do it. Make sense fella? If you must know I can probably out vector most of you so it's not that I can't do it - it's not worth my time to do it. Again - narrow-minded thinking for someone who is supposed to be an expert in this forum. In fact when I do cemetery end dates carved in granite I often have to recreate the existing fonts to match....but then again I get a few hundred bucks for doing it.
It's a matter of economics and best use of time...perhaps you would have a more profitable sign shop if you stopped doing the things others can do cheaper and concentrate on the things that make you more money. It's an old concept-you should try it! Especially if you are designing election signs from scratch just because you know how to do it. My time is more valuable than that especially if simple election sign templates can be had for a few dollars.

And at close to 18,000 posts it amazes me you have time to make signs at all.

Last edited:

Do-Over

I'd like to apologize for the rants and thank everyone who tried to help but something needed to be said to those who think they know it all.

Thanks to those who answered my question.

and... if anyone has any questions on stone, granite, Marble, Boulder, or Rock engraving...I'd be more than happy to help with out any smart-axx remarks. or assumptions about your abilities.

Kevin

Do-Over

What is this guy doing here? That is besides trying to avoid paying a sign shop?

I looked at your profile as it is listed below and was wondering who you are to judge if I should be here or not. You look at my profile and ASSumed I was trying to avoid paying a sign shop? You have never seen my work, have no idea what I do, and have no right to judge wheather I should be here or not. By looking at your profile I have more of a right to be here than you do. Your words and actions show just how ignorant you are. Usually your work is a reflection of yourself. Since your profile is less than professional, I can only ASSume that your signs are as well. Which begs me to ask the question.... Sir..What are you doing here? After all, we are making ASSumptions and judgements based on profiles....Right?

About Si Allen
Locations So Cal
Company Allen Signs
Work Description Work? Hahahahahaha
Position Usually reclining! :)
Plotters & Printers lots of brushes and quills
Signmaking & Graphics Software Corel, PhotoShop, Illustrator
Interests Everything that is Illegal, immoral or fattening!

And if your still wondering "what's this guy doing here ?" then reread this if you have not already - http://signs101.com/forums/showpost.php?p=883752&postcount=19

Last edited:

Do-Over

Learning the sign business Si. Read through his posts and sit in awe of how helpful he has been. In addition Do-over had a premium subscription for a year ... so I'd have to say that he's done a stand-up job of being a solid Signs 101 member.

Perhaps I would be a more active "stand-up" forum member (like I am on the glass and stone engraving forums) if it were not for those individuals who think they are God's gift to signs with the primary agenda of putting others down. If you want to sit in awe of how helpful I can be - visit one of those forums. But then again those are learning and sharing forums - without the wise remarks and put downs.

True Masters Teach their trade....and without sarcasm and degrading comments. maybe if it were a nice place I'd visit more often and contribute more often as their is valuable info to be had here...but is it worth the price or is life too short to deal with this type of bullying. After all I have several business's to run and no time for Prima Dona's. Many here create a negative atmosphere and don't want to waste any more of my time than I need to dealing with those with negative intensions.

Additionally, I didn't feel the need to stay a Premium Member and pay to come here and go through this kind of crap everytime I asked a simple question or watch the chosen few abuse others who ask. It reminds me of pledging a fraternity until your accepted. Unfortunatly this makes it less than fun to learn here unless you are part of the chosen few, I guess. Unfortunatly, things have not changed since I joined. In Awe Yet?

And No - I'm not afraid to stand up for what's right and for what needs to be said.

Last edited:

Farmboy

I have always loved the battle between book smarts and common sense. I also believe Yogi Berra said it best (though I may be wrong) "If you have to tell them who you are, you ain't."

Do-Over

Doing just that! Just thought with so many "standard" type designs out there all these years... just thought someone was smart enough to put them all together in one place and sell them so the wheel doesn't have to be recreated. After all it's not "fine" art.

and

All I did was ask a simple question so It didn't have to be a drama thread, but the Sign God's here chose it to be that way and I don't mind wasting a few minutes of my time welcoming them back to the real world (as long as they haven't fallen to far from the high horse they ride).

Status
Not open for further replies.