• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Political signs...can you make them?

Billct2

When I worked in New Hampshire we did tons of signs for all kinds of points of view...but my boss always made sure they were paid before they left the shop. He said all politicians are crooks and if they lost you never got paid.

Stacey K

I like making signs
it also seems funny how you could be undecided.

there is no fuzzy middle ground, and, unless you just came out of a coma, everyone knows which side they are on
I'm not undecided on who I'm voting for, just ask any of my friends or family LOL!!! I've attached a photo of my cat for a clue...

I went ahead and designed a couple 2nd amendment Trump signs but I turned down a request this weekend for signs that have a kid peeing on a Biden sign. Small community, don't need the negative attention.

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPEG
    IMG_0569.JPEG
    804.8 KB · Views: 136
As long as it is not something negative or something that goes against a political party and its policies, it should be fine, I guess. There shouldn’t be too much issue with it if you are only advertising. But there are definitely certain things that need to follow for political signs printing. The same advice goes for any kind of print media communication for any political campaign you are working on. There are certain rules you must follow for any kind of communication, be it print, radio, or television.

You are required to make disclaimers in the yard signs or boards that you print. The disclaimer notice must state that the communication piece ie. the yard sign or board printing was paid for by the authorized committee. In the case of printed communications like yard signs, these disclaimers must be contained within a printed box set apart from the contents of the communication.

The print of the disclaimer must be sufficient size to be clearly legible or readable by the recipient of the communication. The print must have a reasonable degree of color contrast as well between the background and the printed statement. These are certain things made clear by the Federal Election Commission of the United State of America for candidate committee yard signs.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
As long as it is not something negative or something that goes against a political party and its policies, it should be fine, I guess. There shouldn’t be too much issue with it if you are only advertising. But there are definitely certain things that need to follow for political signs printing. The same advice goes for any kind of print media communication for any political campaign you are working on. There are certain rules you must follow for any kind of communication, be it print, radio, or television.

You are required to make disclaimers in the yard signs or boards that you print. The disclaimer notice must state that the communication piece ie. the yard sign or board printing was paid for by the authorized committee. In the case of printed communications like yard signs, these disclaimers must be contained within a printed box set apart from the contents of the communication.

The print of the disclaimer must be sufficient size to be clearly legible or readable by the recipient of the communication. The print must have a reasonable degree of color contrast as well between the background and the printed statement. These are certain things made clear by the Federal Election Commission of the United State of America for candidate committee yard signs.
So, are you saying the "Hillary for Prison 2016" signs were a no-no? They were stolen anyway.

decalman

I'm getting a TON of requests for miscellaeous Trump/Biden signs - some tasteful, some not LOL. Is it legal to make these signs? Example: Vote Trump to preserve your 2nd amendment rights, stuff like that. I want to be sure because I found out 2 weeks ago, if you make one, you will be making 300 of them.

Case in Point: I made a recall sign for someone and she asked me for 10 more...I told her I would make them but I'm not advertising that I'm selling them. She posted it on her FB page and she sold 300 of them in 2 weeks. Of course now these same people are asking her for a multitude of Trump/Biden signs.

Please advise, thank you!

At this point, we still have freedom of speech. If it's negative, I would say it's ok as long as it's true. Otherwise it's slander.