• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poll: Are you printing CMYK, or RGB files from Versaworks?

Steve Prince

Please Help

I know this is an old thread, but posting this in the Signlab or Roland forums has gotten no response.

I cannot use a CMYK file if I send from Signlab through VersaWorks to the Roland printer. The CMYK pictures appear like negatives. All white is black.

If I import the file from my computer directly into the Roland RIP it works fine. Something is happening in Signlab (or VersaWorks) that it doesn't like.

Thanks for any ideas.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Hmm...I export CMYK from Corel and bring them into Versaworks to print. Why one would even work in an RGB file makes no sense to me much less printing from one. RGB shouldn't really be a part of the process at all for printing...except to tell the customer...NO I can't print that NEON BLUE like their website shows on the screen.

This is complete false line of thinking. RGB definitely has it's place in printing, especially with the wider color gamut. There is numerous info on line regarding RGB/CMYK.

Edit: Didn't see all the posts regarding this topic. Disregard.