• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Popcorn

rjpjr

That's it... just popcorn, much like Pat Whatleys Bacon thread of a couple of years ago.

I like popcorn!

I eat it at least once a week! :popcorn:

Tim Aucoin

Yep... it is my one HUGE weakness too! It's amazing that I lost over 100 pounds considering how much popcorn I eat! :Big Laugh My absolute favorite way is on the stove in a whirly pop® popcorn maker using organic popcorn, Coconut Oil and Himalayan Sea Salt. As healthy as popcorn is going to get plus Coconut Oil and Himalayan Sea Salt are actually good for you! :clapping: Gotta admit though, I do have movie theatre popcorn when I go to the movies (with layered butter :covereyes:)... Oops!!

jayhawksigns

The wife and I have been hitting the microwave popcorn pretty hard lately, its a nice evening snack that doesn't hurt our diet too much.

Though I do love that buttered up movie theater stuff.

Marlene

I bought a hot air popper and that's what I have for my night time snack. only problem with hot air is there's no oil so the salt won't stick. I now use a no-cal spray butter so to hold the salt in lace. I loves me the popcorn.:popcorn:

slappy

this thread just reminded me i found some really, really, super good popcorn early last year around Easter from Harry and David. If you ever see this store and have not gone in it, go in! They have Smores Popcorn and alot of other delicious flavors that are very good. I bought some of them while looking for Easter basket gifts. Even the peanut (beer) mixes were good. Craving it now.. glad you titled this popcorn cause i'm going to have to stop there next time i'm out that way.

http://www.harryanddavid.com/search...ngId=-1&ts=v4&asug=&sliItemsInCart=&w=popcorn

*Prices are a little steep online i think compared to the outlet store we stopped at... so look for the outlet, they had the deals.

I bought a hot air popper and that's what I have for my night time snack. only problem with hot air is there's no oil so the salt won't stick. I now use a no-cal spray butter so to hold the salt in lace. I loves me the popcorn.:popcorn:

I just got one of those for christmas.... don't like it cause of the salt issue and it's seems to miss my giant popcorn bowl, but i've been trying to spray it and salt it as it comes out:thumb:.
Or fresh ground black pepper and/or some grated parmesan cheese with it is good also.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yep... it is my one HUGE weakness too! It's amazing that I lost over 100 pounds considering how much popcorn I eat! :Big Laugh My absolute favorite way is on the stove in a whirly pop® popcorn maker using organic popcorn, Coconut Oil and Himalayan Sea Salt. As healthy as popcorn is going to get plus Coconut Oil and Himalayan Sea Salt are actually good for you! :clapping: Gotta admit though, I do have movie theatre popcorn when I go to the movies (with layered butter :covereyes:)... Oops!!

I like salt and usually use kosher course salt, but where is the Himalayan Sea ?? :wink:

Marlene

I just got one of those for christmas.... don't like it cause of the salt issue and it's seems to miss my giant popcorn bowl, but i've been trying to spray it and salt it as it comes out:thumb:.

it likes to blow popcorn all over the the place no matter how big the bowl is. mine blows so hard that it blows the spray on me. I try to spray the first half then spray and shake the bowl, spray and shake and then again. I wish I could figure out how to get the salt to stick. going no salt is out of the question! tried that and it felt like a punishment rather than a tasty snack..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So what's wrong with putting butter on your popcorn ?? If you do, the salt will stick.

Don't be afraid of this cholesterol scheme about fats and all these bad things for you. I eat so much fat, butter, meats and so forth it ain't funny and my numbers in the good and bad are just right. My ratio is better than they want it to be. In fact, this past December, he commented on my numbers in just about everything. He can't figure out why my glucose numbers are the only thing outta whack.

If you're gonna eat popcorn, you have to enjoy it and smother it in two sticks of butter. Just never margarine or any other substitute crap. Or sprinkle some good virgin olive oil on it..... salt will stick to that, too.

Mosh

i can't read these threads thhey ar blurring up as they go by... I love beer nuts, but I really like those burnt candy peanunts, does anyone know what those are. like red candy peanuts. I always found those in he bottom of our boat and ate them when I was a kid. I alwayslook for them but never can find them . google is on the way.... http://www.nuts.com/nuts/peanuts/french-burnt.html
those thinng , we would have them in he boat, then then the bnext year at the start of the summer have a snack ...we useedcto go dunt huntig at 3 in the mornng and that was what we had for breakfast i did not like coffe so that is all you got.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
it likes to blow popcorn all over the the place no matter how big the bowl is. mine blows so hard that it blows the spray on me. I try to spray the first half then spray and shake the bowl, spray and shake and then again. I wish I could figure out how to get the salt to stick. going no salt is out of the question! tried that and it felt like a punishment rather than a tasty snack..

Just blow it right into a paper grocery bag. When it's done, pour on some melted butter, some salt, grab the bag and shake. The either pour it into a bowl or eat it right out of the bag. Moreover, it gives you a real reason to opt for paper down to the green grocer's.

Thing is, hot air popcorn, no matter how much of what you put on it, tastes like cardboard. A pale imitation of what you get out of a hand-cranked stove top model using coconut oil and adding salt. Salt is salt and it ALL came from the sea originally. Someone's super special Swahili sea salt is functionally no different than the generic store brand. Sodium chloride is sodium chloride.

GypsyGraphics

mmmmm.... Popcornoplois, Zebra flavor!!!
we polished off one bag already today!
Popcornopolis.jpg