• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PopUp from Fellers or other No Curl??

grafixemporium

I need to order some NO CURL material for 2 rectractable displays. I searched on here, but it seems there is a pretty wide variety of products you guys like to use. PopUp from Fellers seems reasonable. Anyone have any feedback on it? Does it have a smooth finish or textured finish like regular banner material? Does it print well?

It's a pretty "big deal" client, so I don't want to dissapoint. Any other suggestions? I need to order it today.

Thanks!

Andrew

S

Stan B

popup - very smooth no texture material. We had to slow down our solvent printers to dead slow to make it abosrb all the ink. Ink still flows. We also had random issues of material breaking apart into layers then printed in dark colors. We still use it as we did not find anything more reasonable and readily available like Fellers made it.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
We've used POS PRO+ 200 Universal Blockout Pop Up Banner with great success in our Mimaki. We get it from Pitman.

Magic POS PRO + 200. Offers improved BRIGHT WHITE printing surface for added color pop. A 10.4 mil, anti-curl, block-out polyester film specifically designed for universal printing. POS PRO 200 offers high image quality along with durability and is manufactured with a universal matte coating compatible with both aqueous pigment and solvent ink jet printers. Caliper: 10.4 mil

Letterbox Mike

I've not tried PopUp from Fellers but I've heard mixed reviews on it. We use PosPRO 200+ and while it's expensive, especially compared to some others out there, it really prints beautifully.

bendeane

I have used pop-up for retractables. As images are concerned, it is my favorite thing to print on. I've even done small photos (8x10, 11x17, etc.) on my scraps. I think with any material in retractables, it should be laminated, but I'm not sure exactly what to laminate it with for best results. I just laminated a small piece this morning by hand with some freebie oracal we had laying around, but I've read about using a polycarbonate lamination from Lexan; at least that is what the Feller's catalog recommends.

I've not had to do anything special to our Mutoh VJ1614 when I use it.

We market it as our premium indoor banner material, too.

AllSquare Jason

Intelicoat Pos Pro is great stuff and can also be used on both Solvent and Aqueous Printers with great results. The only negative is that its pricey.

Sihl's DuraSol is also nice (available in light, medium & heavy) and prints very well. Its a PVC, so its going to be less expensive. If anyone is interested in a sample please PM or EMAIL me and I can make this happen.

Kernow Coatings have a very nice Polyester Media (more stable, less curl) - but it gets real close to the POS Pro price.

Also, try subbing a textured floor Laminate in place of expensive Polycarb. Same look and durability at a lower cost (.40 sq ft) and have a media that can be used for something other than just pop ups.

PS. Fellers is just private labeling someone elses product and calling it PopUp. They do not make anything themselves.

grafixemporium

We went with the PopUp from Fellers for now. I've done some test prints and it looks great so far. It didn't cross my mind to laminate until bendeane mentioned it. Anyone else laminated PopUp? What did you use. I'm gonna try Oracal 210 Matte first and see how it looks.

LarryB

Pop Up is good from fellers. We print on a Roland Soljet and do not use the take up reel because ink needs to dry unrolled. We do not laminate it as well. Been using it for over a year with good results.

Rooster

POS Pro is nice, but when you combine the initial cost with the fact that it really "needs" lamination to be durable it's just too damn expensive.

I haven't tried it yet, but LG has an anti-curl product called XIGN that seems much more cost effective and is a solvent only product so it doesn't have the clay coating that can scratch off so easily like the POS Pro does.

I still use the POS Pro for Pop-Ups. 200 for the sides that wrap and 300 for the middle sections. Combined with a 15 mil polycarbonate laminate, it's too stiff to roll up tighter than 8-10" in diameter so roll ups are out of the question with that combo.

grafixemporium

I just wanted to say that the PopUp product from Fellers prints like a dream. Ran it in high quality mode and there's not a hint of banding or anything. I laminated it with Oracal 210 matte. We'll see how well it holds up in the retractable. I'm totally happy with it so far.

Here's the first in a series of prints we are doing. It's hard to get a good pic with the flash on... but you'll get the idea:

Attachments

• DSCF1812.jpg
    DSCF1812.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF1815.jpg
    DSCF1815.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 132

jasonx

I've found lamination tends to introduce edge curl do to the tension and the substrate and laminate shrinking at different rates. We use polypolene from sihl unlaminated and found it to be best.

BANNERS2GO

Dont use the popup on a uv printer. It prints amazing but the end product will curl from the heat of the lamps. We use our Roland SC 540 and prints nice.

grafixemporium

You're so right jiarby... she had some funky teeth.

mosign, it's the supreme retractable from creative banner. it's a bit pricey, but the best retractable i've ever used.