• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

POS System?

tonywhittier

I have a read a lot of people on here talking about Cyrious POS. I've got a couple quick questions about it.

1. What systems are you using with this software?
2. How much does it cost roughly?

:thankyou:

HulkSmash

I have a read a lot of people on here talking about Cyrious POS. I've got a couple quick questions about it.

1. What systems are you using with this software? Windows XP+ is fine
2. How much does it cost roughly? ~4-5k

:thankyou:

Cyrious is really good, but is meant for bigger shops IMO.

wildside

we are a three person show and use cyrious sms

great program for complete job management and it is pricey, think we have about 2700 into it with two licenses, real crappy part is having tech support help you, they are usually fairly fast, but cost 120 per incident to help you, but we do not pay for the support on a on going basis as it costs more than a once a year call if that.

we use it on windows 7, had it on vista before and xp before and 98 before, it will work on older setups, they just will not support anything and force you to upgrade if there ever is an issue

great program we think, love the marketing aspect of it with the reminders that tell you if a client has gone so many days without ordering, keeps you on the ball for a follow up contact

i would also recommend graphixcalc, we used it for a little bit before cyrious, but needed a better solution for our shop

gnemmas

We have an extra copy of Cyrious SMS version 8.5 for sale, legal with dongle. Cost $1,200. Cyrious will charge approx. $750 (include one year of tech support) to transfer to new owner.

We currently run it on Window 7, networked with 4 stations.

Call 909-621-1062

Drip Dry

Try Activity POS, a merchant member here. Been using it for 14 years. Does everything, solid with no bugs.
Think it's around 1500.00. You can put half down and pay off the rest.

Ask for Terry Miller and talk to him. I'm pretty sure you can try before you buy.

Drip Dry

I think you pay a monthly fee
Since it's cloud based, I would think if you stop paying... you lose everything

HulkSmash

I use activity. It's ok. We have a few bugs. But just like any other company they wont
help you until you show them the money. Sometimes even they have a problem fixing it, but they do try.

econolinesigns

I use an iPad with SignVOX. Just getting started with the system but so far it has been great. I have set up a lot of our products and all our employees using the iPad. System is very user friendly and the support is top notch.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
I think you pay a monthly fee
Since it's cloud based, I would think if you stop paying... you lose everything
Yes you can export all your customers, products, invoices out in csv files. We are trying to move one store from Cyrious and they said they cant give the product list even though they have entered all the products list. Can't export Invoices/Estimates/Line items etc.,

And we have free live chat support.

signswi

You can use an iPad or any tablet with any POS system just Remote Desktop/VNC into a desktop running the POS license.

That's also a good way to handle having various people at the front desk handling customers...just remote into your workstation instead of setting up the front desk computer with all it's own software and outlook with a million user accounts set to send only etc. etc.

WrapperX

:thread

Am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and thought Piece Of Sh*t System and thought "this should be a good thread" - Boy was I mistaken by what the title inferrred... :ROFLMAO:

Kevin-shopVOX

I like the looks of signvox.....but not for 129.00 per month.

SignVOX is definitely not the cheapest but it's the best sign business management software available. Whenever you buy anything you rarely buy it based on price alone. Most purchases are done based on their value to you. In the case if SignVOX that is exactly what SignVOX brings to the table - value. Sometimes referred to as ROI. In example, let's take an average shops fixed burden rate of $75/hr that is open 8 hours a day. Essentially it costs that owner $600 per day just to turn the lights on. The average SignVOX user has found that by using SignVOX they have shaved roughly 20 minutes off of their day from the efficiencies SignVOX helps create. That is $25 for that twenty minutes in time found or $500/mo (based on being open 20 days for the month). One step further that's $6k in time savings for the course of the year just in using the software. That doesn't even include all of the other tools SignVOX has to help you market and grow your business.
Time is money and if SignVOX helps me find time, time that I can use to find and keep another client, or time to get another job out the door then that is value well worth the cost of the software.

HulkSmash

I like the looks of signvox.....but not for 129.00 per month.

130 a month isnt even that much. That's like 2 jobs that take 20 in total.

If you think about it - most support for some of these pricing software are 700-1500 a year. take that into perspective when making your decision

ChiknNutz

While you are looking, check out GraphixCALC Pro. While it likely does not have all of the features of Cyrious, it has proven to be a very solid solution for many shops. It is geared for the small to medium shop and offers a lot for very little. All information is yours (not cloud based) and is as secure as you want it to be since it's kept on your system. It offers networking capability for multiple workstations w/o any add'l fees and also links with QuickBooks w/o any add'l fees. Support is free and upgrade fees only apply for moving between major versions (typically every few years). A free 15-day trial is available for everyone and is fully functional.