• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

POS System?

Kevin-shopVOX

130 a month isnt even that much. That's like 2 jobs that take 20 in total.

If you think about it - most support for some of these pricing software are 700-1500 a year. take that into perspective when making your decision

Well said. One 3x8 banner basically pays for it.

Kevin-shopVOX

What if one is looking for some type of online proofing software?

Great ?. SignVOX incorporates that into the system as well. In fact as you send proofs via the system, the customer can approve it online and it converts it to production in your workflow automatically. You no longer have to call and chase them down to say, "did you get the proof?" In fact it will even time stamp it and tell you how many times it has been viewed and they can make comments on the proof as well. You get an email notification when they do automatically. It is a really sweet and easy to use feature. Want to know more? PM me or call me directly at 207.370.4232. I'd love to tell anyone more about the software and show a demo.

jrsc

I know there are 3 or 4 merchant members here that offer estimating/shop management software. I think it would be great if they were willing to do some type of live webinar together where they each demo their software and we had a question and answer section for signs 101 members. Maybe we can even include GG and her filemaker solution even though she doesn't sell it. I'm not sure if other people would be interested in this or if merchant members would be willing to present in the same webinar but I would find it very beneficial and expect many others would also.

Kevin-shopVOX

I know there are 3 or 4 merchant members here that offer estimating/shop management software. I think it would be great if they were willing to do some type of live webinar together where they each demo their software and we had a question and answer section for signs 101 members. Maybe we can even include GG and her filemaker solution even though she doesn't sell it. I'm not sure if other people would be interested in this or if merchant members would be willing to present in the same webinar but I would find it very beneficial and expect many others would also.

I'd be more than happy to do a webinar. We do group webinars all the time. If anyone wants to sign up as a group just let me know. Not sure how I can organize that here on the site other than setting a date and having all us signs101 member confirm a time and date and then showing it. Not sure if its really feasible for all of merchant members to do a feature to feature comparison at the same time (seems like a really long webinar....i respect all the other products on the market as they all offer great solutions and certainly don't want it to become an ours is better than theirs type of presentation.) I would suggest we do the group individually and let you make the decision as to what is best for your business. If you'd like to take a webinar just let me know so we can show you the goods. :)

gnemmas

For Clout based system, what happened when storm hits? (your internet service is down?)

Bad enough when email is not working, now all my customer info is out reach.

You have a backup system, Signvox?

Kevin-shopVOX

For Clout based system, what happened when storm hits? (your internet service is down?)

Bad enough when email is not working, now all my customer info is out reach.

You have a backup system, Signvox?

Since we are cloud based losing your internet is a viable concern. However there are few thing that can be done should that occur.

1. We have a mobile app. Your data is accessible via any handheld or tablet.
2. Since we are cloud based and our app works great in any mobile browser you always have access to the software including estimating, invoicing, proofing, job board & email. Works great on 3G and 4G. Even VNC apps like LogMe In is unable to do that.
3. You can export all info to excel file for reference or download quotes, wips, invoices, and AR to pdf format to store locally as a backup
4. You can still use pen, paper and a calculator :)

In all reality how often does your internet fail these days? Its not that often that it is a major concern.

signswi

We'd be interested in a webinar/demo of signvox. Message me here on signs101 Kevin so we can set a demo time.

Also, get some videos up on your website and higher resolution preview images! Hard to see what's going on but the product looks very good, from the small bits we can see.

wildside

i find myself sitting here thinking "whats....cloud based?"

i have seen the commercials - "to the cloud" but dont have a clue what it is, is it really a system that stores all info offsite for easy access from anywhere? for anybody?

sounds easily hackable, and kinda awkward to put all kinds of sensitive data into the "internet" world for the taking....

i have never seen the system, sounds neat, but wondering when i became old enough that new technology is now passing me by...:noway:

tonywhittier

We'd be interested in a webinar/demo of signvox. Message me here on signs101 Kevin so we can set a demo time.

Also, get some videos up on your website and higher resolution preview images! Hard to see what's going on but the product looks very good, from the small bits we can see.

Right click on the images and open them in a new tab... at least that worked for me anyway.

signswi

Right click on the images and open them in a new tab... at least that worked for me anyway.

Indeed! I'll hold back my rants on web optimization :p. Thanks.

i find myself sitting here thinking "whats....cloud based?"

i have seen the commercials - "to the cloud" but dont have a clue what it is, is it really a system that stores all info offsite for easy access from anywhere? for anybody?

sounds easily hackable, and kinda awkward to put all kinds of sensitive data into the "internet" world for the taking....

i have never seen the system, sounds neat, but wondering when i became old enough that new technology is now passing me by...:noway:

Cloud hosting is a lot more secure than your personal computers unless you have a six figure wizard IT guy on staff. Generally even higher levels of encryption than your bank uses for transactions but it is good advice to seek out the data protection/privacy techniques in use by any cloud based (also known as SaaS - Software as a Service) company. I'd be interested in a rundown on how signvox handles this issue.

Typical Advantages: the provider handles IT, you have no hardware costs, updates are handled by provider and rollout quicker, generally very secure, you're already using SaaS providers you just don't realize it (what do you think facebook is?).

Typical Disadvantages: Can be difficult to get your data out of some SaaS systems (looks like signvox has excel export which is good), you don't "own" the software (this concept is dying/dead), if the company has bad security practices someone else's mistake can cost you (see: password database breaches).

Most of the concerns can be mitigated by good password security (use randomly generated passwords or a phrase cipher method, never use the same password for two different services, keep your password list in an encrypted database, etc. -- general internet best practices you should already be doing).

p.s. - Ignore you ever saw those MS commercials they use the term Cloud in a really odd way, the Cloud services they're referring to are man-in-the-middle handshake Remote Desktop (remote to your PC anywhere similar to gotomypc, logmein...), data storage (Microsoft SkyDrive), etc...not so much SaaS stuff. It was an odd marketing campaign but it really stuck in brains for some reason.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
Security, backup with SignVOX

SignVOX hosts the servers in USA with one of the top players who provides virtual hosting. Your data is backed up daily at three different locations. One on the server itself, two on our local servers and three at Amazon s3. Not only the database, but also the proof images, pdf's everything is backed up automatically.

w.r.to security we use 1024 bit SSL encryption which is as good or better than any online banking.

Also we are planning to have a half yearly backup of your data sent to you in the form of csv files for free and if you need it more often we plan to have an option which will have a small fee.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or send me an email.

Rao Meka
Co-Founder
SignVOX

Kevin-shopVOX

SignVOX hosts the servers in USA with one of the top players who provides virtual hosting. Your data is backed up daily at three different locations. One on the server itself, two on our local servers and three at Amazon s3. Not only the database, but also the proof images, pdf's everything is backed up automatically.

w.r.to security we use 1024 bit SSL encryption which is as good or better than any online banking.

Also we are planning to have a half yearly backup of your data sent to you in the form of csv files for free and if you need it more often we plan to have an option which will have a small fee.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or send me an email.

Rao Meka
Co-Founder
SignVOX
Thanks Rao!
So who wants a demo?