• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Precise Cuts through Vinyl without a Knife

Border

The first roll of Wrapcut I tried was purchased a while ago before the promotion, at full price, and it was still considerably less than the other brands out there.
....and it worked great.

I say let them market it however they want, it's their product and business.
On most orders that need to be shipped by me I usually charge more than the actual postage as well. It takes time to package and address and invoice the item. I believe it's called covering your time and packaging, aka 'Handling'.

9 bucks is a steal. I wouldn't do anything for 9 bucks...well, there is that one thing.

WrapCut

If this is a free trial of the product, what is the retail price going to be when the free period is over?

Pricing for all lengths and packaging can be found under the WrapCut Tapes Product Description at http://wrapcut.langeman.com/WrapCut-Fine-Filament-Edge-Cutting-Tape

Once you have received your free (shipping and handling extra) 200' roll of WrapCut, you can order single rolls for $16.90 (PLUS shipping & handling). The price/roll depends on the quantity you are ordering and can be as low as $12.90/roll for a 10-PACK of the 200' rolls.

CanuckSigns

I really can't believe how much grief you guys are giving Wrapcut over this!

you are getting 200' for the cost of lunch, 200' goes quite a long way and is a great way to introduce the product and let sign shops actuality see how it works and try it out in various jobs.

I bought a roll about 3 months ago, before this promotion, at full price and it still paid for itself in less than 1 job, with 175' left over.

They are a merchant member, supporting this community, and offering a great product at a great price, the least you can do is keep your negative comments out of the public area, if you have an issue about the cost of shipping, try PM'ing them directly.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I really can't believe how much grief you guys are giving Wrapcut over this!

you are getting 200' for the cost of lunch, 200' goes quite a long way and is a great way to introduce the product and let sign shops actuality see how it works and try it out in various jobs.

I bought a roll about 3 months ago, before this promotion, at full price and it still paid for itself in less than 1 job, with 175' left over.

They are a merchant member, supporting this community, and offering a great product at a great price, the least you can do is keep your negative comments out of the public area, if you have an issue about the cost of shipping, try PM'ing them directly.

The point is not what a wonderful product it might be, that the cost is miniscule, that they are merchant members, and even kind to small children and stray animals.

The point is that 'free' is not so free what with their princely 'shipping and handling' fee. Since it's been reported that the actual shipping cost is about a buck, the remainder represents an actual charge for this free sample not matter how the sellers rationalize it.

Once upon a time a friend and I made a tidy sum giving away free software. This was way back when software was distributed on 1/2" magnetic tape. The only thing we asked was, since the product [which was a stellar product by the way] was free, that they pay for postage and the cost of the mini-reel of magnetic tape. We made a ton of money basically reselling mini-reels at an insane mark-up.

No different from what these people are doing. They don't even offer anything tangible for their nominal charge. Just some undefined ethereal 'handling' fee.

Msrae

Rae
Really, I'm just giving feedback on what my partner and i both thougt. I am sure there are many consumers feeling the same way. No biggie, their product, their marketing, their choice. I am merely trying to let them know, as have ohers, that the shipping and handling charge comes across bad and they may want to rethink their marketing.

It looks (and sounds) like the product is a good one and the price is fantastic. I am still looking forward to trying it. Just giving my thoughts, which apparently are shared by several others. Either way, thanks for the trial wrap-cut.