• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Preferred decal material?

werockprints

Last week we were told by Imprintables Warehouse/Stahl's that our preferred decal material would no longer be offered for our Roland SP-300i printer/cutter, at least for 30". We primarily cater to the music industry but print a lot of decals for boats, business, etc. as well. Durasol 30" 3.5 vinyl is what we were buying and liked.

Anyone use Oracal 3641? A rep from another company mentioned this one as used industry wide.

Thanks for any help!

Hutch

mmblarg

Not entirely sure on the 3641, but we use the 3640 from Oracal sparingly (don't know why, to be honest) but our go-to for medium grade vinyl is 3M IJ35c (we've also been using 3M Controltac 40c as a step up from the 35c, but been having a lot of issues with it peeling on vehicles or glass lately.)

Dallas225

If your looking for a cheap intermediate grade vinyl use oracle 3651, it’s easily the best “cheap” vinyl you will get.. we burn through lots of it and it comes in 30”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadi75

owner
I use the orajet 3551 rapid air laminated with the 290 oraguard for side vehicle decals and for wraps i use the orajet 3951 rapid air also laminated with the 290g . I haven't had a complaint yet. That vinyl works great for all vehicles even boats.

I heard good things about 3M also, i would say try both and see which ever works best for you.

ams

Last week we were told by Imprintables Warehouse/Stahl's that our preferred decal material would no longer be offered for our Roland SP-300i printer/cutter, at least for 30". We primarily cater to the music industry but print a lot of decals for boats, business, etc. as well. Durasol 30" 3.5 vinyl is what we were buying and liked.

Anyone use Oracal 3641? A rep from another company mentioned this one as used industry wide.

Thanks for any help!

Hutch

I've used 3641, It's a lower grade vinyl, but works well for decals. No RA in it, but lays flat, smooth, print quality is decent, contour cuts good. Not really worth it to laminate, at that point go with 3165 or better.

We use Orajet 3651 unlaminated for cheap give away type decals, 3651/210 lam for better quality decals, and Orajet 3951RA/290 lam for high quality decals.

petepaz

we also use the 3651 and 210 lam for the majority of our standard decals/labels. been using it for at least 12 years with no issues

spooledUP7

IJ35C is a good everyday decal material but when I need a versatile vinyl then I stick with Substance Inc. Icon 2755. It is sticky, minimal shrinkage, air regress, no logos on the liner and very nice to print on. I t also is great for flatbeds.

Here is a link Substance Incorporated - DIGITAL MEDIA

CanuckSigns

For short term decals we use General formulations 223 which is a 6 mil vinyl, so it's nice and thick without laminate. for longer term stuff and industrial decals we use 3651 w/ 210 lam