• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pretty hot in the shop today!

sar bossier

I feel ya - just completed 4 BLACK tankers and 4 BLACK trailers, in full sun - 104 today, but with humidity, heat index is 112 ... SUX!!

Attachments

• Wireline Truck 2.jpg
    Wireline Truck 2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 34

ThinkRight

Ok....I see the difference. How would it affect us in a printing environment though? Adding moisture to the air....hmmm

Depends on what you are printing with .
It is the same thing as a humidifier that most shops use to control static , it also cools the air in the summer .

HulkSmash

Swamp coolers Add moisture to the air, and doesn't affect my printing at all.

If anything it helps, since it's so dry here. If you have over 60-70% it won't really help your condition..

Trust me, i'm using one right now, i'm staring at it - it DOES cool, it DOES NOT spit out water.

ThinkRight

Swamp coolers Add moisture to the air, and doesn't affect my printing at all.

If anything it helps, since it's so dry here. If you have over 60-70% it won't really help your condition..

Trust me, i'm using one right now, i'm staring at it - it DOES cool, it DOES NOT spit out water.

:cool1:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Thanks for the heads up...have to see if they'll work here in our shop. Try renting one....and if works buy one. HELL of a lot cheaper than a big AC unit!

mnapuran

Evap coolers help a lot... however, they DO add a lot of humidity to the air (that's how they work!)

106 here yesterday :frustrated:

SD&F

It's been getting really hot in the shop here as well. I do the same by keeping the fridge stocked, but even with fans it is HOT!!! I have changed our hours for the shop.
I let them come in as early as they want so they can leave before the heat is overwhelming. I let one guy rotate on staying late for shipping and any emergency that comes up. It works for now, but it's not really summer here YET.

nwsigns

Today is one of the first days I have had the shop door open, its been too cold out. Finally breaking 70 today after our wettest June ever. Cant say I wish for hot weather but finally getting to spring is nice after a long wet winter.