• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Preview .EPS files from windows explorer

kheebl

I love it i have 5 days left of the trial. Gong to definitely buy it. For anyone who hasn't tried it I highly suggest downloading the free trial.

Morkel

OK, now I'm baffled. I did some more checking, and, on my computer, ai and pdf can be viewed in the preview pane, but also, SOME eps files can be viewed, but not all. No matter location (local or network) or size, Doesn't seem to be any reason why some will and some won't. I tried cdr also, and it said "no preview available". I does not say that when eps can't be viewed. Weird!

Mark

I'd say that's down to the how the EPS files have been saved. We always turn the previews OFF when saving them, as a low res 72dpi preview is still a lot of info when the graphic is 5 metres wide. I would imagine the EPS files you can see previews for have them turned on.

Something not related, but I would guess that the reason you can see previews for AI files is you've saved them with "Create PDF Combatible File" checked. Just a tip, but if you're using the AI files purely as working files, uncheck this option, especially if you have linked images etc. Our servers were filling up surprisingly fast, and we realised it was because some of the designers were not aware that checking that option means it has to imbed not just the ones actually imbedded, but also the linked ones so that they'd be PDF compatible. For larger jobs, they'd have 1GB+ Illustrator files, instead of a few hundred KB had they not have checked this option. Obviously for your final output file everything needs to be imbedded, but for a working file to sit there and take half a minute every time you hit Ctrl+S is painful.

tbutler

MysticThumbs is it for windows

Been using Mystic thumbs for the last couple weeks and i think were going to purchase it for the shop. Took a few times to get the settings to stick the way i wanted them but once they were set, everything was rendering really well! I especially like the small icons not previewing because whey their only 16x16 you can't tell what the preview is so I would just rather have it show the software icon.