• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price check on Isle #4

Johnny Best

Not a sticker person and need to know what to charge for a short run (200) of 2"x1" oval full color cast vinyl with cast laminate. I will print them on my Mutoh, lam and contour cut on the Summa. Was in the thought of $1 each. Usually go to Stouse but thought that I would do them in house since there are not that many.
They have to be cast material because they will be put on machinery for outdoors 24/7.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya have $10 worth of vinyl, laminate and ink. About 1/2 hour of your printer doing all the work, other than talking to your customer.

If it's a good customer, I could see 45¢ a piece..... for someone off the street about 60¢ each.

Marlene

I have a Gerber Edge and would come in at .32 each for cast. may not be of much help as not the same kind of printer and no laminate needed.

Billct2

Depends on whether I am designing something or if it's an existing design. If it's strictly print and cut then maybe .60, if design/approval is involved $1 might not be enough.

We would be at $.44 each based on 51 decals per square foot, if they are spaced .25" apart.

Edit: If they have to be cut down into 200 seperate decals, we would add probably $25 to the total cost for that. My initial pricing is based on supplying them all on one sheet and not cut into individual decals.

ams

Cast vinyl is more expensive, I would do $1 each. Because instead of a print and cut, you have to laminate it and send it back through again, so it takes a lot of labor.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How long does it take to laminate a piece of vinyl 48" x 12" ?? Maybe with taking it out of one machine, putting it into another and then into your cutter....... ahhhh 4 minutes.

Reveal1

Not a sticker person and need to know what to charge for a short run (200) of 2"x1" oval full color cast vinyl with cast laminate. I will print them on my Mutoh, lam and contour cut on the Summa. Was in the thought of $1 each. Usually go to Stouse but thought that I would do them in house since there are not that many.
They have to be cast material because they will be put on machinery for outdoors 24/7.

An interesting exercise. I would inform the customer that we have a minimum order. Ran it through my pricing spreadsheet and it does not meet our minimum for print/cut decals (3 linear feet @ 54" including waste, spacing etc). If bumped to our minimum would yield 600 decals @.18 each or $108 supplied uncut. That's at 45% gross margin ($48.60 gross profit) which includes a print setup, contour cut setup, and laminator setup. Midwest labor etc. with a shop labor cost of $20/hr. Interestingly, if we charged for 200 and threw away the excess, it comes to .54/each. Seems to me that the only way to do pricing is to have a precise understanding of your costs coupled with a good feel for your local market. We've tested our pricing on several competitive quotes and always are very close with our most respected competitor - although I agree with the post that the really small jobs are where the challenge is. .

Christian @ 2CT Media

An interesting exercise. I would inform the customer that we have a minimum order. Ran it through my pricing spreadsheet and it does not meet our minimum for print/cut decals (3 linear feet @ 54" including waste, spacing etc). If bumped to our minimum would yield 600 decals @.18 each or $108 supplied uncut. That's at 45% gross margin ($48.60 gross profit) which includes a print setup, contour cut setup, and laminator setup. Midwest labor etc. with a shop labor cost of $20/hr. Interestingly, if we charged for 200 and threw away the excess, it comes to .54/each. Seems to me that the only way to do pricing is to have a precise understanding of your costs coupled with a good feel for your local market. We've tested our pricing on several competitive quotes and always are very close with our most respected competitor - although I agree with the post that the really small jobs are where the challenge is. .
Your shop rate is only $20?

Printer1

If I you're slow enough to do them in house. I would charge what I would normally charge through Stouse. If it becomes a repeat job and you're to busy to do them it would be easy enough to send to Stouse without losing any profit.

equippaint

Id walk out the door before you got through telling me all this..... honestly probably right after I saw your shop labor rate at 76.65, just be normal and round it up or down for christ sake

ikarasu

For stickers I usually goto the cheaper online sticker sites for a base price-

Oval stickers

They charge $118 for 200 - 3" x 2" Ovals. On crappy material, with no quality control.

We'd likely do it for around 75 cents to $1 each if we're slow. Decals that small... We'd likely try to fit them on our Wasted vinyl next to an odd sized print also. Works out to only costing us ink + 5-10 minutes of perf cutting them on our graphtec.