• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price of zinc washers too high?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Actually did that with a recent Menards trip. Picked it all out online then headed to the store. They had it all sitting there ready for me when I picked it up. At first I thought it was a little goofy...I mean, online shopping then go get it??? Well when you need 10' lengths of PVC and other plumbing stuff, you're not gonna get it shipped, especially if you want to do the project that evening. But I'm a believer now. Have someone else go walk around a 10 acre store and get your stuff for you. I like it.

I tried that with Home Depot and Lowes. Ordered metal posts and lumber that I didnt want to spend an hour carting around the store. I tried several orders and I spent more time trying to get them to locate the order when I got there then it would have taken me to just pick out the order. They would call me and say its "ready" and I'd get there and they would spend 30 mins looking for it only to tell me they have to pick it again. This happened several times and I just gave up ordering from hardware stores online.

Last time after spending 30 mins waiting and complaining to the manager they finally started to pick my order that was "already ready"... I just went and picked out my own stuff and just walked out of the store... Pissed me off

billsines

I tried that with Home Depot and Lowes. Ordered metal posts and lumber that I didnt want to spend an hour carting around the store. I tried several orders and I spent more time trying to get them to locate the order when I got there then it would have taken me to just pick out the order. They would call me and say its "ready" and I'd get there and they would spend 30 mins looking for it only to tell me they have to pick it again. This happened several times and I just gave up ordering from hardware stores online.

Last time after spending 30 mins waiting and complaining to the manager they finally started to pick my order that was "already ready"... I just went and picked out my own stuff and just walked out of the store... Pissed me off

yeah that sounds pretty representative of the current labor pool...that's why part of my vision for this shop is to expand through machinery rather than labor...when your product is too dependent on good labor, that's when the headaches happen. i used to be a school teacher, now I'm an employer...so yeah, I'm pretty keen on keeping labor to a minimum as much as possible.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Clearly some people have never worked in corporate America.

There are entire departments that do nothing but look for ways to save pennies so that shareholders can make more money.

"Bill, we saved $0.009 on each washer we purchase! Raises for everyone (in upper management)!"