• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing 4x4 signs?

OldPaint

iam familiar with WEST BY GOD........VIRGINIA.... i used to get that "wheeling feelin'" and worked at WERITON STEEL. as for the depressed economy.....well........got nothing to do with YOUR SIGN. like i said at $100 for 4 x 8....YOU AINT MAKIN ANY MONEY.......THEN WHY DO THE WORK????
POINT IS....YOU PEOPLE have taken the prices to that......in your zeal to get work. THATS ON YOU.....
I WILL NOT DO A 4X8 FOR $100 OR FOR $200.........
YOU LET the public dictate WHAT YOUR GONA CHARGE?????... thats your 1st mistake. do you cll a plumber then thell him your only gona pay $25 for his visit??? yea try it....

Farmboy

"He tells me I need to get better equipment to get my prices lower."

This statement from a customer would stop the order dead in it's tracks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This thread is funny. Very very funny. :Big Laugh

Not to make light of a depressed part of the country, but the reasoning powers behind it all and even some of the posters, just astounds me.

From the prices to the cost of doing political signs to the customer dictating what kinda equipment you should be using. So, let me get this straight, if someone comes in and says, I want this sign for $XX amount of dollars, no one will do it, but if the whole town says they won't pay more than $XX amount of dollars, you do it..... right ?? Okay, fair enough, therefore, if you go into a car dealership, toy store or appliance store and demand something for a certain price and bring the rest of the town with you, you can force someone into selling something they don't want to ??

Yeah, I wanna super-size that, but I ain't gonna pay extra. Get more ovens or fryers back there so you can meet my demands. :noway:

It's been said many times, ya gotta get, what ya gotta get, to keep your doors open. Is getting $80 a pop for a 4' x 8' 1-sided sign really enough ??

Sheet of Cor-X.................. $ 10.00
Print vinyl......................... $16.00
Trim it.............................. $ 3.00
Mount it........................... $ 7.00
Overhead......................... $ 12.00
Profit............................... $ 20.00
Misc time and BS............... $10.00

That comes to $78.00 There's no time for errors, phone calls, walking around the shop, breaks or anything else. If you can keep your doors open running around like a loon, then go for it. Seems that better management, more confidence in your work and more of a backbone will get you further with less work than your present direction..... and put more money in your pocket to boot.

Mosh

$16 for print vinyl? I use oracal 3640 on coro, $0.19 sq ft. Like under $4...per side.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
$16 for print vinyl? I use oracal 3640 on coro, $0.19 sq ft. Like under $4...per side.

No, the ink alone is around $ 11.20 and the vinyl is about $ 4.80

Also, if you did your math correctly, even at your price 16¢ x 32 sq ft is $ 6.08 per side :rolleyes: