• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing and template rescource

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You have got to be kidding.

How could anyone with an IQ above 75 extrapolate my guessing what the cost of a new Peterbilt costs and expressing astonishment over the low grade crap the OP intended to use on a fleet of them as me judging a customer by what they drive up in? Sheesh! You can't be this dense.

Don't worry, I've watched your act in the background for two weeks and you've not let up on anybody in the insults, condescension and flaming department. It's really too bad the management doesn't care what you say or to who.

The same how anyone can extrapolate that croaking toads had to do with you and your dad... or any of the number of things you extrapolate out of thin air from stuff that anyone says.... you need to be a contributor on CNN with all the stuff you can extrapolate from people's words.

I liked you better when your croaking stopped.. It was pleasant for a few weeks.

StarSign

So would it be fair, if, pricing by the car you drive, for your vendors to charge you more if they saw a new bucket truck in your driveway? Asking for a friend.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Please..... any questions of preferential quoting or pricing.... have them directed towards our community expert, mr stereotype quoting person. He's an extrapolate expert, too. If you have any marital, tax, money, political or IQ problems, he will solve them, too. He knows everything..... just ask him.

Thank you, and now back to our regular programming. :flamey:

HulkSmash

Please..... any questions of preferential quoting or pricing.... have them directed towards our community expert, mr stereotype quoting person. He's an extrapolate expert, too. If you have any marital, tax, money, political or IQ problems, he will solve them, too. He knows everything..... just ask him.

Thank you, and now back to our regular programming. :flamey:

Yeah no kidding. I use to be pretty active on here, but the sheer amount of "experts" who are on here giving such awful advice to people starting up a business is just always so deterring. Then you got the snowflake group coming in from left field defending them. Pass.

Z SIGNS

So would it be fair, if, pricing by the car you drive, for your vendors to charge you more if they saw a new bucket truck in your driveway? Asking for a friend.

This is business there is no such thing as "unfair" pricing. It's all about the agreed upon price nothing more.

Johnny Best

I am always glad to see Coloradosigns on here. He is the Nun Buoy in the waters around here giving a direction on which way to go so you don't wreak yourself. Hopefully with global warming the snowflakes will melt away.

shoresigns

Off topic but the flags are not properly oriented however with the arrow they wouldn't look right

FYI, you're wrong. the flags are in the correct orientation

https://www.flagandbanner.com/flags/flag_etiquette.asp (scroll down to the bottom)

I would look at the orientation again. They are incorrect, the flag should wave towards the back of the vehicle

You're all wrong. Do you have any respect for your country's flag? If you do, the US Flag Code prohibits the use of the American flag in advertising. Putting any symbol or drawing overtop of the flag (i.e. an arrow) is also prohibited.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ding..... ding...... ding.....ding..............................................

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
100% with shore... that's why this design is horrible. Not only are using the flag as advertising but you distorted it with the arrow.

If they want the flag, it should be a separate decal, with proper proportions.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
For the love of God, if you want $510 for your design, then charge them $510 and drop all of the nonsense. There are no variable costs in it. How the hell do you guys get anything done? Its a dumb sticker, throw it together and be done with it just like the guy did. No need to setup creative meetings, renditions and all that. Call the dude, tell him to give you the measurements you need and move on to the next job.
This is an uninformed reply. I get a lot done, and am able to capitalize on my skills and talent. Most shops give away art for free, and have little understanding of the value of their design services or intellectual property. They consistently undervalue design, to the extent that they won't pay a good designer a competitive wage and they fail to produce the level of design demanded by modern businesses. When I have the opportunity to work with a multi-million dollar company on a branding project, it is a small step to gain their confidence and move into other branding and marketing projects. I will not just "throw something together" for a "dumb sticker." It is that unfortunate mentality that is hurting the small sign shop more than anything!

equippaint

This is an uninformed reply. I get a lot done, and am able to capitalize on my skills and talent. Most shops give away art for free, and have little understanding of the value of their design services or intellectual property. They consistently undervalue design, to the extent that they won't pay a good designer a competitive wage and they fail to produce the level of design demanded by modern businesses. When I have the opportunity to work with a multi-million dollar company on a branding project, it is a small step to gain their confidence and move into other branding and marketing projects. I will not just "throw something together" for a "dumb sticker." It is that unfortunate mentality that is hurting the small sign shop more than anything!
but this isn't a multi-million dollar branding project, it is literally a dumb sticker. So keep whatever rights you think you have and charge him $200 instead. What are you gonna do when someone else makes it for him? Waste time and money trying to sue him? Cry about it to your neighbors? If he doesn't go somewhere else, what are you gonna do with these intellectual property rights that you own? You gonna go sell Express stickers with flag arrows on Amazon to recoup the money that you didn't charge in the first place? Throwing stuff together isn't hurting anyone, its selling that stuff, the actual tangible product, at dirt cheap prices like you keep telling everyone else to do that is the problem.

Last edited:

HulkSmash

lol.. "it is unfortunate mentality that is hurting a small sign shop"..... ummm Seriously???

you just told the OP to charge 20 dollars for a decal and 15 dollars to install it. Yet you're blasting someone for not understanding value.. are you okay?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
lol.. "it is unfortunate mentality that is hurting a small sign shop"..... ummm Seriously???

you just told the OP to charge 20 dollars for a decal and 15 dollars to install it. Yet you're blasting someone for not understanding value.. are you okay?

you misunderstood...

$20 if you want it to last 2 weeks
$40 for 6 months
$900 for the life of the truck
$4000 and you can transfer rights to the next truck buyer