• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pricing custom guest parking signs

Jackpine

High end business, B&B, customer is cheap. I did V carved location business sign 8 years ago. I have made auto magnetic signs and designed the original web page. All in the same colors and same images. The owner has added some changes of the web page with a less expensive person. They want me to redesign their rack card but not at me price so they continue to use one not so nicely designed.

I just did these four signs, .080 Aluminum, 2mil vinyl, 5 year Florentine swirl gold with elements from logo. Sign size 12h x 18w.

$55.00 for 1st sign, $45.00 for other three $10.00 shipping install hardware included. brass finishing washers, brass screws.
Made and shipped next day customer received them 3rd day. Price was quoted with email of layout choices.
They love my work but thought $20.00 each would be fair since the are only parking signs.

I got paid my price but what would you have charged? Just wondering.

Attachments

• Garden_Gate_Parking_101.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Time-wise, it can't be beat. That's incredible turnaround.

I think you're a tad too low. You're being more than fair and they're being stoopid cheap.

If they want $20 a piece, tell 'em to go to Lowes and use a magic marker on a blank. These are custom made and they want to bicker about price vs. quality and service ?? Tell 'em to go pound sand or shut up.

Mosh

Not custom designed like that, but I get $18.50 for standard 12x18 .080 reflective parking signs.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Time-wise, it can't be beat. That's incredible turnaround.

I think you're a tad too low. You're being more than fair and they're being stoopid cheap.

If they want $20 a piece, tell 'em to go to Lowes and use a magic marker on a blank. These are custom made and they want to bicker about price vs. quality and service ?? Tell 'em to go pound sand or shut up.

I agree 100%. I think your price was fine and doubt they would be able to have the same signs fabricated elsewhere for that price let alone with that kind of service/turn-around time. $20 a piece is an insult.

iam808

12"x18" - $45.00. When I get into quantity, $35.00.
For what you did, I think your price is very fair.

CanuckSigns

We do standard 12"x18" parking signs printed on out gerber edge for $40 and never hear a complaint, if they want more than 20 pcs we go down to $35

Your price is more than fair, I would even say it's low.

fresh

5 year Florentine swirl gold vinyl.

Okay, I still have no idea if you used real 23K SignGold, which costs around $17 a square foot.

I assume you used some other specialty vinyl, but I have no idea how much it might have cost, so I really can't add to the conversation.

J

john1

Since he said 5 yr i am guessing it's the Rtape stuff. Fellers carries it. The real Sign Gold is 10 year i think.

Jackpine

It is Rtape. They were offered Sign Gold but was too much. When I routed their sign for the B&B they gladly paid for the logo in 24k real gold. Thanks.
Since he said 5 yr i am guessing it's the Rtape stuff. Fellers carries it. The real Sign Gold is 10 year i think.

legacyborn

The shop I work at charges $109 for a 12"x18" .080 full digital or custom. We would have added 10% for the gold. but dropped 5% for the qty...

Techman

We are sign shops not an auction house. This bidding against the friggin client is distressing at best. Yes, your price is a little low.
Next time they start that 20 bux crap tell them that Home Depot sells House for sale kits at $19.95. Send them over there.

Mosh

Here is a thought, give a quote BEFORE you do them..I do this even with regular customers, that way there is NO SUPRISE and you keep a good customer happy!

Jackpine

Here is a thought, give a quote BEFORE you do them..I do this even with regular customers, that way there is NO SUPRISE and you keep a good customer happy!

Customer was quoted for 4 custom Guest Parking signs. They selected one at the cost quoted. The gold was Rtape 5 year material. There was "NO SURPRISE".

They said, They love my work but thought $20.00 each would be fair since the are only parking signs. They paid the quoted price. I NEVER lower my quoted price.

Thanks for the feed back.

J

john1

People do jobs without discussing pricing or anything? Wish my customers gave me that kinda freedom but then again it's a way to get screwed by doing work and hoping you get paid. I trust no one.