• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing install subcontractor

bayviewsignworks

We're in Maine so not sure how this might trend nationally but... We have a few projects coming up and were wondering how much to pay a sub to install a 20' box wrap. We would have all the vinyl, 30" 3M.

bayviewsignworks

Yeah, we have a 30" printer, and yeah we do it all the time. Sorry we don't have a 60+ inch printer. If you want to buy one for me that would be great! The overhead is lower and it fits in our shop. You mind getting around to a sensible answer now?

MikePro

30" printer?!? good lawrd' that's a lotta tylin'!
but hey, we're sign guys... we make due with what we got!

sensible answers result from sensible questions, and asking for pricing on a non-premium members section usually gets mixed results from people trying to follow the rules of the forum :)

bayviewsignworks

Mike "Pro", if you look it say "Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.", did I miss something or are you just another smart ***, as is with 90% of the replies? So I need to pay to be a member to get a straight answer in here?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, this has certainly taken a quick downward spiral and all due to the OP.

No one was at all a smart a** towards you. They were good observations and answers. You just didn't like them.

You may ask all the questions you desire, and while many will answer out here in the near open, many seasoned veterans and professionals prefer the 'Premium' section for discussing this sort of thing in greater detail.

So, NO, you don't need to pay to get an education, but you do have to pay to be in the 'Premium' section.

If I may...... I take it, if you can't afford or want to fork out $7.50 as month for this place... you aren't gonna be able to afford decent subs..... especailly tiling 9pcs 28" down the side of a trailer.

MikePro

I apologize that you were not happy with the information I "Pro"vided.
I just find it odd that someone that's been around since 2009, doesn't realize that asking an open forum "what I should charge/pay" usually gets chippy replies.
...resulting from every JoeSignGuy googlesearching for pricing, coming across this board, and posting for people to tell them how much a sign is worth.

you should really have a number in your head of what YOU would charge to install, and call your local installers for bids/quotes and pick a number you're happy with.

HulkSmash

Mike "Pro", if you look it say "Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.", did I miss something or are you just another smart ***, as is with 90% of the replies? So I need to pay to be a member to get a straight answer in here?

Hey all star, if you do it all the time why are you contracting it out? Printer doesn't really have anything to do with over head. I would have a lot of pissed off customers if i had 19 seams on a 20ft box.

for install expect to pay more then typical since you're making them use more pieces maybe 3-4 a sqft

bayviewsignworks

The simple question was "how much to pay a sub to install a 20' box wrap". Your answer was "Probably somewhere between what he quotes and what you expect." A smart *** answer. Second answer "someone is going to wrap a box truck with 30" Panels?
I'd charge a lot." Another smart *** answer. So yeah I'm a little prickly myself. Look I'm not asking anyone to give me a detailed quote. So far as I've found in this forum I've been able to get a lot of information, and give for that matter, without going premium. Unfortunately I do have to put up with a lot of BS in the process. I fear even with premium, with folks like you answering, I'm in for even more BS; except then I'd be paying for it.

bayviewsignworks

We usually do the wraps ourselves. I'm asking because we're getting more work would like to hire a subcontrator to do the install. Usually it would be per truck, or by the hour. If you can't wrap your head around using 30", give me the 54" or 60" answer.

xxaxx

The simple question was "how much to pay a sub to install a 20' box wrap". Your answer was "Probably somewhere between what he quotes and what you expect." A smart *** answer. Second answer "someone is going to wrap a box truck with 30" Panels?
I'd charge a lot." Another smart *** answer. So yeah I'm a little prickly myself. Look I'm not asking anyone to give me a detailed quote. So far as I've found in this forum I've been able to get a lot of information, and give for that matter, without going premium. Unfortunately I do have to put up with a lot of BS in the process. I fear even with premium, with folks like you answering, I'm in for even more BS; except then I'd be paying for it.

Hahaha pull that stick out your *** and relax a little. If you can't handle a couple minor smart *** comments on a forum post, you must be one bad customer away from a total meltdown ... I would hate to see you post a couple designs for review on here, I would worry for your health. :p

Christian @ 2CT Media

We pay anywhere from $1.50 - $2.50 a sqft when we sub out depending on a few factors with full size 53 or 59in panels... 30in panels will take twice as long and probably workout to $3+

bayviewsignworks

Watson, I'm just responding to these non-answers, and trying to be as smart *** as everyone else seems to be. Cheers! It is almost beer thirty.

MikePro

We pay anywhere from $1.50 - $2.50 a sqft when we sub out depending on a few factors with full size 53 or 59in panels... 30in panels will take twice as long and probably workout to $3+

non-merchant solicitation!
i'll telling on u... owait, u said pay.

HulkSmash

We usually do the wraps ourselves. I'm asking because we're getting more work would like to hire a subcontrator to do the install. Usually it would be per truck, or by the hour. .

So you want them to charge by the truck, or by the hour. No decent contractor is going to give you an hourly rate. And how do you think they get the per truck cost? ding ding ding SQFT

I already gave you a rate range. I'll say it again expect to pay more installing with 30" panels.

People get all butt hurt if you don't sugar coat things.

bayviewsignworks

I know what our cost for the install would be using sq footage with us installing it. Are you saying tack on an additional $3/ sq ft. Or, minus out how much we would charge ourselves (we own the business) and and charge about $3/ sq ft for the sub?