• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing install subcontractor

Circleville Signs

Adam is right - any seasoned, professional installer is going to cringe at 30" panels. The more seams there are, the more there is that can go wrong. I do this kind of work all the time on a sub basis, and i would be in the $3.25/sf range, assuming that the trailer doesn't have 9 million rivets.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
sensible answers result from sensible questions, and asking for pricing on a non-premium members section usually gets mixed results from people trying to follow the rules of the forum :)

You are correct that one can get mixed results as to answers ... but that seems to happen on most of our forums regardless of the subject. You are incorrect that there is a rule which requires members to only ask pricing questions in a premium forum. The OP posted his question in Sales, Marketing & Pricing forum which is a totally correct place to post it.

MikePro

my bad, i guess...
just annoyed when people just throw out the vague pricing questions and expect the forum to price/bid/sell their projects for them....
(and then act like they are entitled to only responses they want to hear)

for example:
Police motorcycle pricing?
Pretty basic design using just vinyl. Stripes that look like louvers, two colors of vinyl and a shield.

yadda yadda, "show me pictures" "give me dimensions" "time plus materials plus install plus upcharge" replies

The question, at least some of you got, was how much

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think we can all safely say thank goodness for this place. It has all kinds of good information, fun and excitement. So many people are here for information and how they can use it in their business. At the same time, many come here just to hurt competition or their neighbors. That's also fine and dandy.

Then there are those who will use this place for underhanded stunts, like lowballing and cutting corners and when we all discuss prices in the open it hurts us all in a round about way.

Many here say it can't hurt me, I'm too hidden away. How about the guy who isn't well hidden and when end-users are members and trolling due to where their search led them from google..... how do you protect yourself from them ??

For instance, look at how 3M tried to put a hurt on so many in our industry. If it wasn't for this place, probably no one would know what hit them. Believe me folks, this site only represents a small fraction of actual people out there in this trade.

I would say everyone of us here are so lucky to have found this place, with all it's 'everything'. What gets me is that some of the members are too frickin' cheap to pay $7.50 a month or whatever it is for a year's subscription just astounds me. In my opinion, that's a kick in the teeth to not only the members who try to help, but to the advertisers and the administration. How do you think anything is funded with absolutely no input ?? The subscribers, Merchant Members, advertising and other ads makes this place happen.... not the foolish banter or stoopid a** questions. Then when someone cops an attitude and wants to run their mouth off.... well, that just makes me smile all the more for their gallant participation.

This place has got to have the most relaxed atmosphere I can think of, it's free, on the internet and people wanna b!tch at how they are talked to ??

All I can say is three Hip Hip Hoorays to Fred and how well this place runs and what he has to put up with..... including my stoopida** bullsh!t :omg:

:thankyou:

xxaxx

"hey guys im wrapping a small car, it has 4 wheels.. How much?"

Us: What kind of car, how much coverage, what type of vinyl??

Him: I can't stand your smart *** remarks ... aghhhhhhh!!!1!!!

Us: Whoa chill dude, just need more info...

Him: Everybody here sucks, solve my issues for me noooooowww!!

Marlene

so you usually do the wraps but now are busy so you want to sub them out to another local shop? is that the question? have you called any of the shops and asked them what they would charge? as far as I know it isn't what you will pay but what they will charge as it is their shop rate minus any discount they want to give you. don't bite my freaking head off, but seems like a few phones calls would answer your question. if it didn't sound right, then post to ask if the quotes from the other shops sounded right good or not.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We usually do the wraps ourselves. I'm asking because we're getting more work would like to hire a subcontrator to do the install. Usually it would be per truck, or by the hour. If you can't wrap your head around using 30", give me the 54" or 60" answer.

Wait a minute...... you already know according to this post. I must've glossed over this one before.

You just simply take your price... and someone else's should be just about the same. If you're a lowballer, you're gonna be off. If you're ripping customers off, you'll make out in the deal.
And to think you sounded like you didn't know what you were doing. You're...... :Welcome:​

jhd

a few years back - i picked up a sp-300 (my first eco-sol) super cheap with low low low hours and laminated with a daige.....wrapped 2 box trucks with it among other jobs.....traded it in, and paid for a new SP-540i and new seal el 54......best way to do it.

AceHigh

The best way that I have found to deal with using someone else to install is to give them as much information as possible so they can give you an accurate quote. If the number is less than the number that you factor in for your own install then you win. Now you can use your time to generate more revenue on other jobs while someone else completes this install. If the installer feels that he is being treated fair, then you now have a valuable resource that can help you take on more work and hopefully make more money in the process. You must treat people good if you want them provide quality work for you. The last thing you need is an installer that you low-balled, getting pissed and doing a ****ty install that you will have to deal with after the job is complete.
Remember, everyone has to earn a living, plan on making your money on the print of the wrap and let the installer make a living too.

bayviewsignworks

Wow, I didn't know my simple request would generate so much discussion. Thank you all for your time. I did eventually get an answer. I thought there would be more or less an industry standard for vinyl wrap installation (which apparently there is). My request was spurred by the fact that we are getting busier. We would like to find a subcontractor locally (not another shop) who might want to wrap a vehicle for $X.XX/ sq. ft. I will try to be more concise with my questions going forward.