• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing out Trailer Wrap HELP!!

Locals Find!

I am going to bid out a trailer wrap this morning. I don't sell many wraps at all. I haven't sold one in over 2 years.

The shop I am contracting the work out to is giving me 3m with air channels (Don't know the number) w/lamination for $10 a sq. foot installed.

The trailer dimensions are 7 ft. wide 14 ft. long 8 ft. high. We are going to wrap the whole thing.

Where should I be per sq. ft. retail wise? I don't want to underbid the job out of ignorance on my part.

Thanks for the help guys.

MikePro

if you're gonna keep pressing for pricing help... why not fork over the loot to become a premium member and post where its meant to be discussed?

HulkSmash

I don't mind helping.. I would suggest getting premium - you'll get a lot more attention there.

1st - most customers want to know what material you're using so most likely it's
3M 180cv3 with 3M 8518 lam

2nd - if someone is wholesale printing and installing that for you - that's an high price IMO.

3rd - if you're using the people that's charging you that much, you're going to want to charge 14.50-16 a sq foot to make it worth your while.
From what you're saying im assuming its about 308 SQFT. so ~4,000-4600?

4th - if you charge that much you won't get the job.

who's designing it..? you lol?

Locals Find!

I was a premium member. Have no problem being one. Times are a little tight this month. Only reason I haven't re-upped my membership. Hoping this job will put me back on track. I don't spend a penny on extras till I make sure the bills are paid each month.

Asking for help because I have 1 hour before I have to meet this client. Needed help quickly. You guys are the best so I asked.

Locals Find!

I don't mind helping.. I would suggest getting premium - you'll get a lot more attention there.

1st - most customers want to know what material you're using so most likely it's
3M 180cv3 with 3M 8518 lam

2nd - if someone is wholesale printing and installing that for you - that's an high price IMO.

3rd - if you're using the people that's charging you that much, you're going to want to charge 14.50-16 a sq foot to make it worth your while.
From what you're saying im assuming its about 308 SQFT. so ~4,000-4600?

4th - if you charge that much you won't get the job.

who's designing it..? you lol?

Yes, I will be designing the job. Its for a food vendor trailer so. I am not expecting it to be a rolling piece of art like many of the wraps I have seen posted on here. The goal is going to be just to draw attention and cover up a factory paint job.

Thanks for the help on the material numbers & the pricing.

phototec

I am going to bid out a trailer wrap this morning. I don't sell many wraps at all. I haven't sold one in over 2 years.

The shop I am contracting the work out to is giving me 3m with air channels (Don't know the number) w/lamination for $10 a sq. foot installed.

The trailer dimensions are 7 ft. wide 14 ft. long 8 ft. high. We are going to wrap the whole thing.

Where should I be per sq. ft. retail wise? I don't want to underbid the job out of ignorance on my part.

Thanks for the help guys.

7'x14'x2x8'=336 s/f x $10 = $3,360.00 plus your markup & design fee = total to bid

:banghead:

WrapperX

It really baffles me that people have to ASK about THEIR pricing system. If you don't know how to price it - why take the job? But furthermore - HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO PRICE IT?! Do your own math. YOU should know how much YOU charge for YOUR services. How much do you charge for installation? How much do you charge for design? Figure out the cost from your supplier and ADD IT ALL UP. If you have to ASK then you're probably not gonna be doing this in a year cause you'll be on the verge of closing your shop...

grafixemporium

$10/square foot is pretty much retail for one box trailer (8' - 16' or so) around here... that's using 3M 180cV3 and 8518/19 lam.

Locals Find!

I bid out the job. After looking at the trailer and its setup and use. I talked the client out of doing a wrap. I got her to agree to let me do some large decals instead that will serve her purposes much better and keep her budget down.

Thanks for all the good pricing advice. I did bid it out with my markup on the job. Seems are area is holding a bit higher than some other areas of the country from what I am seeing. I was originally worried about coming too low on the job. That was my main reason for asking what the market was averaging.

Thanks again for the all the help.

BALLPARK

If they are doing it for $6.99 per sqft, then tell them I will keep them swamped with work. lol...

I can give them 2 standard size box trucks, 2 cargo vans and 1 huge box truck right now..lol.

Surly there not using 3M and they do a horrible job. If not, I feel bad for you and even worse for the idiots that started that price in your area.

It takes about an 1 hr to 1.2 hrs to print a single panel. How can they make money watching the ink dry all day with those prices? Do they print in billboard mode..lol. Otherwise they better have a 250K printer that can print the panels fast enough to make up for such poor pricing.

I have only one company that I wholesale $8 sqft installed and they do not place many orders. The rest are around $9.50 - $10.00 sqft installed. I sell retail for about $11-$15 installed depending upon the project.

BALLPARK

We do $6.50/sq ft Installed (Wholesaled) on IJ180Cv3 8518. We use Latex Inks so instant dry

I wish you were near here, I would keep you busy. That kind of pricing makes sense to broker the deal and move on to the next project in some cases.

Every market is different, I just hope that my market stays strong.

Curious how long do it take your printer to print a single (4' x 8') panel at 720 dpi? I love the Roland printers, but always looking for better options.

Thanks...

HulkSmash

I wish you were near here, I would keep you busy. That kind of pricing makes sense to broker the deal and move on to the next project in some cases.

Every market is different, I just hope that my market stays strong.

Curious how long do it take your printer to print a single (4' x 8') panel at 720 dpi? I love the Roland printers, but always looking for better options.

Thanks...

i agree with ballpark. Move to colorado, outsource so much work to you. i'm well over double your prices and we're busy 24/7.

Wholesale we do 8-10 sqft.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Our HP takes about 35-40 mins for 60" x 96" panel at 600dpi Which is similar to solvent 720dpi. Its dry instantly for lamination, and ink is pretty cheap we have calc'd our cost from 12-19cents per square foot. I load a 300ft roll and print it overnight and gang 3-4 wrap jobs most days.

We have 3 large outfits here in Arizona that have brought this market to its knees. If you want to be competitive you have to make less.

We could always ship it, if it truely is that highly priced in your markets... we have been shipping alot to Kansas City as of late for $4.50/sqft plus shipping.