• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing out Trailer Wrap HELP!!

AndreColon

HI, I am new to this site and was looking at this post. I was wondering , Why does everyone seem to use 3M? Is this the truly better vinyl or is it just force of habit? Personally I hate and only use it if a client asks for it and I cant convince him otherwise.

WrapperX

3M is a old standard - it's widely known and people are comfortable with it. I too personally don't care for it. I think it smells funny and the adhesive and repositionability for the CV3 - and all their vinyls for that matter - is too aggressive up front. I prefer Avery, I think the repositionability is a little easier to work with and I am comfortable with Avery and it's products. However I've used almost every brand available when doing wraps for a number of different jobs, sometimes the customer wants a name that THEY too also know and 3M is widely known in the public domain as well.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Its all in preference. We use ARLON, 3M, Avery, Mac*Tac, and Oracal.... 3M is our preference for ease of use and color/gloss seems to be better than most. But it is a bit more aggressive up front like WrapperX has stated.

formanek

$6.99 sq/ft if your lucky here. mostly about $5.99. good luck getting that job lol.

Thank goodness I am not in business around your area. $6 per square foot is not worth my design, printing, lam and install time. Would be hard to pay the bills on that.:omg2:

Craig Sjoquist

Geez if $10 a sq ft is retail ... you people are not getting enough ...printed and installed.

Paying for your $20,000 to $100,000 printers or what ever lol

Thank you for this post this has made me smile and a good reason for not crying the blues that I don't print or even do alot of vinyl ( mostly hours on doors ) and still hand letter and paint pictures when needed.

smdgrfx

The market in my area is all over the place. Anywhere from $6 to $12. Depends on who you ask. For fleet jobs, we are at $9 and that's competitive. You can get more for a one off job and you always have to explain to the customer why you are not giving them the same job as the $5 per sq.ft. that is advertised on Craigslist.

iSign

Geez if $10 a sq ft is retail ... you people are not getting enough ...printed and installed.

Paying for your $20,000 to $100,000 printers or what ever lol

Thank you for this post this has made me smile and a good reason for not crying the blues that I don't print or even do alot of vinyl ( mostly hours on doors ) and still hand letter and paint pictures when needed.

don't worry Craig... for every 1 person mentioning 1 job selling for $10 a foot... TONS of us are doing smaller full color commercial truck doors for $50 - $100 a foot... AND OUR PRINTERS ARE PAID FOR SEVERAL TIMES OVER... so, by no means should you cry the blues... but don't let NOT having a printer be your reason for NOT crying the blues... 'cause if you do, you don't have an accurate picture of what you don't have :thumb:

cdiesel

We have 3 large outfits here in Arizona that have brought this market to its knees. If you want to be competitive you have to make less.

I have to disagree. Just because others sell cheap doesn't mean you have to.

There are definitely a few out here selling for less than they could, but we routinely sell for 10-20% higher than competitive quotes, even after being asked to match prices. We're busy as can be.

njshorts

Up here (a bit north, Tampa), 8-11/sq ft lam/installed is common retail. Not that I'm happy with it, it's just very common.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Our Retail pricing is $7.50 - $8.00 depending on product used... but its still hard when everyone expects BM pricing (albiet their chinese crap pricing) for a 3M product.

cdiesel

Jeeze.. don't be part of the problem. Pricing against blue is interesting. I'd be happy to discuss if you want to give me a call tomorrow.

We don't do trailers that cheap, let alone other vehicles. We lowered our prices on a lot of things when things were slow.. but they're back up where they should be and have been for awhile.