Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

print and cut cricut $299

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by artbot, May 23, 2011.

1. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    Tags:
  2. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    ya gotta use their cartridges.
    I doubt they will ever make one you can just hook to a PC and print cut... they make alot of money selling those clip art cartridges.

That's what fred need to do... start selling clip art on proprietary storage media that can only be used on a device that Fred also sells.... and you can't copy!

3. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

what difference is there between a 54" printer and that??? few bucks? principal remains the same.get a computer,and a printer, plug it in, and now you are a sign maker!!!!!!! neither has much need for talent................ like us old SIGN PAINTERS))))))))))))))))

4. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Actually I have a circuit at home and there is a program where you no longer need the cartridges and can do layouts and all.....don't have the above product though.

5. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    yeah. my girlfriend uses a cricut with sure-cuts-alot software to make parts for her fine art collage work. no cartridges. i'm sure the handful of aftermarket software providers are combing through its firmware right now.

6. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    That's still too expensive for the people who it's aimed at.