• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and Cut Experiments

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Would you recommend this filter forge as a purchase necessity? How do you like it?

A necessity ... no. A neat product ... yes.

It has some pros and cons as compared to competitive products.

Pros - More powerful than similar apps. Community oriented website with a steady flow of new filters being made available everyday.

Cons - Moderate to steep learning curve with no significant tutorials available. Many of the filters available are of little or no commercial value.

I like it a lot.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, those chrome effects look really good. I imagine you can tint them to fit any car coloring system, so it becomes color coordinated with the individual car/vehicle.

The flames just look a little too 2D to me. Just putting a bevel or an effect on something and then confining flames to a specific shape…. just doesn’t look like flames anymore. The flames should follow the actual shape of the contour portion as in the old days when you airbrushed them in to fit. Fire gets lighter as it reached the ends… which by your going across the grain tends to make it look more like wood grain at areas. Once you make the fire reach all the individual ends at the same rate…. I think you’ll have achieved your goal.

Getting there is now the challenge……….​

FisherDesigns

the chrome looks great!!!!
I find if the whole shape is filled with fire, it does end up looking a little to much like just a pattern. Here is one of our designs, and how we went about using fire inside a shape.
Mark

Attachments

• tank-1-fire.jpg
    tank-1-fire.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 113