• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and Cut Experiments

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Spending a little time today experimenting with different effects created with my new filter package. These would be aimed at use in future print and cut vehicle graphics collections.

Tell me what ya think.

Attachments

• gs01.jpg
    gs01.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 274
  • bs01.jpg
    bs01.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 255
  • flame01.jpg
    flame01.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 287

Service Sign Co

Cool, Everyone makes a nice comment on the Tomb Raider looking chick with the 45's & chains I put on my truck. Unfortunaetly the truck is parked in the driveway with a shot transmission

Pro Image

Could you chrome dome the flame pattern............?

That might be a nice effect............

Liquid Fire............

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Could you chrome dome the flame pattern............?

That might be a nice effect............

Liquid Fire............

I tried it and thought it just ended up looking like a pattern. I'll tinker with it some more later and post the results. To me the problem with flames is confining them to within a vector when flames by their nature are not confined so rigidly.

Pro Image

I tried it and thought it just ended up looking like a pattern. I'll tinker with it some more later and post the results. To me the problem with flames is confining them to within a vector when flames by their nature are not confined so rigidly.

If it was that easy we all be millionaires.......................:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Five Flame Images

I call this one "Global Warming". It has five different treatments to the flames. Tell me if any of them please your eye.

Attachments

• globalwarming01.jpg
    globalwarming01.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 141
  • globalwarming02.jpg
    globalwarming02.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 128
  • globalwarming03.jpg
    globalwarming03.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 112
  • globalwarming04.jpg
    globalwarming04.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 117
  • globalwarming05.jpg
    globalwarming05.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 161

Ken

#4 if any, but as you suggest, they are all constrained by the vector edges..unnatural. Is the flame fill of your own making? I'm wondering if the fills from Digital Flames might be more realisitic?
Cheers!
Ken

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
#4 if any, but as you suggest, they are all constrained by the vector edges..unnatural. Is the flame fill of your own making? I'm wondering if the fills from Digital Flames might be more realisitic?
Cheers!
Ken

Yes they are of my own making using the Filter Forge software.

I don't think it would be any better with Digital Flames although I would not use his because I will be selling licenses to the images. I had thought about using a photographic image but I think it will still come down to the fact that containment within a vector is the real problem.

Techman

A side note..

Certain porducts makes some really nice fire such as blender and 3d max, FumeFX plugins..
. Im not into this type of work. However a neighbor is and he makes some really nice captures that i printed for one of his displays..

If I were into this type of work I would most definatly look into this.. The fire is so realistic.

Ken

At my recent demo-derby, this guy had flames to die for..on a crash car!
I'll see if I can dig up the photo..
Ken

GK

fred, if you choose to do those metallic ones...print them on reflective, they come out freakin awesome, trust me =)