• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print, cut, weed then laminate?

ucmj22

In my example the 1" dots are what stays... The background gets weeded out. There would be a whole lot more negative space (plain laminate) then print.

I don't think that would look good. And I think its a unnecessary step that causes more risk then reward.

yes, that would look bad. in my suggestion, a print/cut / laminate/cut workflow with .25" offset cut line on the second cut, your final product would look like the attached image, with the black circle being your printed dots and the gray outline representing how far out your laminate would go.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 12.51.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 12.51.21 PM.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 43

jfiscus

Rap Master
It sounds like your customer is confused and just wants clear app tape in this instance.

Around here a lot of the materials we use are specialty & "gold" materials, so we do the print/cut/wed/lam/cut process to protect the specialty material edges and prolong their lifespan. I've also do it on large prints where the graphics had "pointy ends" for lack of a better word, but the laminate only extends .25" around the final graphic. (see attachment)

Attachments

• EMS.jpg
    EMS.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 44