Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

print head alignment tutorial thread(???)

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by artbot, Aug 22, 2011.

1. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    i kind of remember seeing a thread a few months ago about someone finding some print head alignment tutorials on the web. does that sound familiar?

i've installed two heads and moved one down. so now my jv3 is printing out of whack. (i need to do the print adjust 2 and get it done quickly because i have to print and ship something today by 5pm.) right now the instructions are looking slightly unintelligible.

Tags:
  2. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it has some good tips on aligning the JV3 heads.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54091

Alan:
    Make sure you look at the SECOND page of this post. IF this poster is correct it is very important you take his comments into consideration.

3. artbot

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    this was definitely helpful.

now i can't find my epson loupe. where might an emergency loupe be bought out in the suburbs?

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    pharmacy

5. artbot

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    yeah that second page is a doozy. i was horrified at how bad the printer suddenly printed. from reading the second page, all the print adjust #2 settings were tossed. went from perfect to horrible.

6. NEGD

NEGD Member

Jun 7, 2011
    artbot, do you have the service manual for the Jv3? It would be something that I'd like to add to my arsenal.

7. artbot

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    i have service, tech drawing, supplements, and two head install and allignment procedure pdfs.

that said, they are the worst translated doc i've seen in a while. you'd think a giant company with US engrish speaking reps, would have had a chance to edit the translation.

8. NEGD

NEGD Member

Jun 7, 2011
    That's how my user manual is... have to learn to read between the lines. If you don't minds sharing (and as long as it's not illegal in S101) I'll PM you my email or address.