• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head Doctor

Robert M

Print heads

Problem with any review of a product is that they don't mention what type of heads they had success with. Industrial print heads are easier to clean and do not have plastic parts in them. An Epson DX4 head is about the worst to try to clean. Too much pressure and you blow out the baffle between the channels. I hope you have success, I find cleaning the DX 4 heads hit or miss.

UnlimitedBT

Printhead Doctor 7

Unit arrived in about calendar week from the purchase, all manuals were sent VIA Download. Considering that it was shipped from Canada to NYC, they shipped it within 2-3 days from day of purchase which is exactly what I was told.
I am a copier/printer tech not just printshop owner and I'd like to say that I like what I see so far, we haven't use it yet as I went on vacation but workmanship is amazing, for something that is not mass built on conveyor with robots/superautomation I was really happy to see how it is made when we took it out of the box.
Next step is most important one - we should see how it works, I'd out that we will just get trough with full success without tech support so will see how that works as well - couple of day, I will post a reply.
Roman.

player

If it works (Which I am doubtful...) you should set up a rental system so anyone with a clogged head can get it shipped in, clean the head and ship it back for a fee.

UnlimitedBT

If it works ( which I am hopefull) it would probably make a lot more cence to have a prinheads shipped to me, think this:
#1. It is a operator experience and knowledge + the machine itself, not every potential rentee would have tech background and/or patience to figure it out and may be few heads to sacrifice while at it.
#2. It is rather large and fragile to be shipped around safely + 6 different liquids. Tiny prinhead is a lot Easier to pack and ship.

player

If it works ( which I am hopefull) it would probably make a lot more cence to have a prinheads shipped to me, think this:
#1. It is a operator experience and knowledge + the machine itself, not every potential rentee would have tech background and/or patience to figure it out and may be few heads to sacrifice while at it.
#2. It is rather large and fragile to be shipped around safely + 6 different liquids. Tiny prinhead is a lot Easier to pack and ship.

Yes.

simplytodd

Print Head Dr....any luck??

Just wondering if it is worth the money. I've been trying to schedule a service call with IW since 6-25-2014 to no avail. Bad part is, I'm literally 25 minutes from their Carmichaels, PA location lol It was so much easier to get a call back when I was shopping for equipment(sorry venting). Please let me know what you think about the Print Head Dr or if you were serious about having printheads shipped to you.

Thanks,
Todd

JR31

More Details-Head cleaning System

I cant reply about the actual print head doctor system. However I watched a video on youtube about it a few years back and I built my own system and I have to say with my system and just flush I have easilly saved 3 or 4 heads and anytime I get a few deflections I fire it up and most times it fixes them right up. Again I built my own system and just use regular flush. I have a Mimaki JV3 with the DX4 heads and we run full solvent Triangle bulk ink. I use the triangle JVS flush.

Above post is rather old but would appreciate if some more details of Öwn system"can be provided. Exactly wahat wads own system? Was it another machine or a specific steps of ""Flushing procedure"" was followed. We have couple of DX heads and we would like try to clean these. After reading mixed reviews of Printhead Doctor , we are not sure about real utility of this equipment.
Thks

Andy D

We had one, never worked, every time we called in, the tech would talk us into buying more expensive
& more aggressive solvent.. the last batch totally ruined/clogged the heads... Don't waste your money.

rassym

After reading these reviews, I was pretty skeptical. I have a FB500 that I haven't used in a while (nearly a year). It had other issues. The COVID 19 pandemic has given me much more freetime than I ever desired. So I was able to get the machine working again, only problem, clogged heads. Not all of em, but it was pretty bad. After dozens of cleanings and no improvement. I thought, why not invest $2,500 in a PHD11 instead of $20,000 in new printheads. I've only recovered one so far, but as I learn the system seems pretty good. I mean, its made of probably $250 worth of pumps and tubes, but you pay for the intellectual property. I never post on here I just thought I would let people know its not all bad. I would say, if you have several jets out, PHD would definitely get most if not all back. A fully clogged head is seeming recoverable, just not instantly. It takes time, head soaks, ultrasonic cleanings, but slowly but surely recoverable.

rassym

Also, whenever I have a question the guy who owns the company answers the phone if you have a question. I think his name is VLAD, I'll probably take some pictures going forward.