Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print Head trouble roland SP-300v

Discussion in 'Roland' started by tomnln9, Apr 18, 2010.

1. tomnln9

tomnln9 New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    I was having a problem with some bad ink clogging my magenta/yellow head, finally got everything clean now i have this disasterous mess printing. Anyone ever see this?? any ideas what it could be from? bad head now?? I have done several powerful cleans, switched the ribbon cables, pulled fresh ink through with the syringe?? im at a loss.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
    Tags:
  2. stickercuttingcom

stickercuttingcom Member

Oct 4, 2005
    a
    Check the dampers and cap tops, this could be a damper problem for sure.

I can't see the pic very well though.

3. tomnln9

tomnln9 New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    I hate to be niave( if thats how its spelled) but what exactly is the job of the dampers?? store ink to supply to the head? just a guess and how could they fail to produce this mess?? just want to know for future troubleshooting... Thanks.

4. Reseat the ribbon cables at the printhead and printcarriage board, also inspect the contacts (look for dirty or bent contacts).

My .02

GTSTech_1

5. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    Are you getting pooling of ink in the capping station?

If you had some clogging issues with the ink, are your drain lines clogged?

Not sure about the sp 300 but if my drain lines were clogged the heads would not load with ink and I was getting a lot of pooling in the capping station. Could also cause ink to contaminate the other color in the print head. You just have two print heads and CMYK right??

6. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    One of the functions of the damper is to filter ink preventing any particles from being trapped in a nozzle.
    The damper sits on top of the head in all wide format printer. The more ink that gets passed through the damper,
    the more likely the chance for a particle build up. As the particles build up in the damper,
    ink flow is restricted and drop out occurs.