• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head trouble roland SP-300v

tomnln9

I was having a problem with some bad ink clogging my magenta/yellow head, finally got everything clean now i have this disasterous mess printing. Anyone ever see this?? any ideas what it could be from? bad head now?? I have done several powerful cleans, switched the ribbon cables, pulled fresh ink through with the syringe?? im at a loss.

Attachments

• inkprob.jpg
    inkprob.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

tomnln9

I hate to be niave( if thats how its spelled) but what exactly is the job of the dampers?? store ink to supply to the head? just a guess and how could they fail to produce this mess?? just want to know for future troubleshooting... Thanks.

GTSTech_1

Reseat the ribbon cables at the printhead and printcarriage board, also inspect the contacts (look for dirty or bent contacts).

My .02

GTSTech_1

sfr table hockey

I was having a problem with some bad ink clogging my magenta/yellow head, finally got everything clean now i have this disasterous mess printing. Anyone ever see this?? any ideas what it could be from? bad head now?? I have done several powerful cleans, switched the ribbon cables, pulled fresh ink through with the syringe?? im at a loss.

Are you getting pooling of ink in the capping station?

If you had some clogging issues with the ink, are your drain lines clogged?

Not sure about the sp 300 but if my drain lines were clogged the heads would not load with ink and I was getting a lot of pooling in the capping station. Could also cause ink to contaminate the other color in the print head. You just have two print heads and CMYK right??

Compilla

I hate to be niave( if thats how its spelled) but what exactly is the job of the dampers?? store ink to supply to the head? just a guess and how could they fail to produce this mess?? just want to know for future troubleshooting... Thanks.

One of the functions of the damper is to filter ink preventing any particles from being trapped in a nozzle.
The damper sits on top of the head in all wide format printer. The more ink that gets passed through the damper,
the more likely the chance for a particle build up. As the particles build up in the damper,
ink flow is restricted and drop out occurs.