• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print heater gone cold? VP540

anotherdog

I noticed today my print quality took a dive, banding and tiny pin holes in heavy coverage areas.

I was poking around and felt the print heater seems to be much cooler to the touch than the 45 degrees it should be running at.

Its still got warranty, but I can't have down time in this busy season.
Is there a hidden set of fuses somewhere or would me monkeying around be a no no warranty wise?

Is this tiny pin holes a symptom of cold print heater, or do I have ink termites?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Are you sending the heat settings from the software or do you have "use printer settings" selected and the printer heat is off when you send the file...

DRamm76

HAHAHA. Some materials will actually still print pretty decent with no heat. But def make the call to the dealer if it's under warranty. Hey these things happen! Good luck~

Is your heater turned "off" at the menu? Try here, if not the settings on computer then call your local dealer - May be a blown fuse (you can check) , thermostat, or thermistor.

A hint for the SP models - there are two red slide switches under the printer (middle front and back) that switch voltage - if it is set to 240v your heaters will not get hot.

JesperN

A hint for the SP models - there are two red slide switches under the printer (middle front and back) that switch voltage - if it is set to 240v your heaters will not get hot.

Or - if you live en Denmark as I do - it will get very hot if you don't set it at 240 V :tongue:. (we run at 240 V here in DK - so setting the heaters to 110 V is not a good idea....)

/Jesper