• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print on clear

S'N'S

First off I know this may sound a bit dumb ...I outsource any printing I need as I don't use printed vinyl all that much so haven't done this before......... Just got a company rang and asked me to install a print 10' x 4' on clear that's not laminated onto outside of a shop window, installing is no big deal, but would a felt squeegee be ok and not scratch the print or should I use a different type of squeegee? Thanks

jfiscus

Rap Master
I cannot see why they would specifically request "unlaminated" vinyl for outdoor use. Did you price them unlaminated/laminated as options? Anything for outdoors should include lamination in its basic price point.

Yes, a felt squeegee will get you the best results.

ThinkRight

First off I know this may sound a bit dumb ...I outsource any printing I need as I don't use printed vinyl all that much so haven't done this before......... Just got a company rang and asked me to install a print 10' x 4' on clear that's not laminated onto outside of a shop window, installing is no big deal, but would a felt squeegee be ok and not scratch the print or should I use a different type of squeegee? Thanks
Use a thermal printer if it is not going to be laminated.

Anyone with a Summa DC4 should be able to print it for you.

:peace!:

S'N'S

Thanks guys but I'm just installing the print supplied by another sign company (they are 150 miles away) on a shop window (under a large verandah, so not out in the weather)
Think they are only wanting it to last about 12 months.

signage

As far as instaling you may want to premask to help protect for the installation, just you a low tack.

anotherdog

I would lam anyway just so it doesn't get scratched during install (even with felt), but in your case this would be a cost. the cost of the lam is small compared to having to pull off, reprint and come back another day.

I guess it would be okay, especially if it's cling.

edgette

If it's standard vinyl I don't understand why they would want printed clear. Why not just have a good cut vinyl for the job?