• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Spooler Going Haywire

Biker Scout

Roland SC-540

Ran a whole bunch of prints this morning. Went on to print another job after lunch and, every time I load a file into ColorRIP printer starts printing some random jobs that aren't even on the hard drive anymore. The Print Spooler window pops up, even when you just open ColorRIP without loading a file. Printer starts right up and tries to print stuff.

Restarted the computer, even did a hard shut-down of the printer. Still no luck.

bbeens

Biker Scout-

Sounds like the control file that monitors what is in your queues and which jobs have copies pending got corrupted. When you start Colorip uncheck the 'queue processing active' control then go to your queues and delete any job that has a copy greater than 0. After you have the queues cleared out you can click the Queue Processing Active. You should be good to go from there.

I haven't supported that software in many years now, but I'll give it a 85% chance of solving your issue.

Bryan

Biker Scout

Thank you. That seemed to help. There were cutting jobs pending under "Unit 4" Those jobs were almost 3 months old too... weird.

Anyway at least I knew where to look, thanks to your advice. I appreciate it! :thankyou: