• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printable translucent

401Graphics

I use Oracal 3651 transparent, print 2 passes with a half second delay between each pass, then laminate with 210 and apply to translucent white polycarbonate.
Here is a 12" sample i made today to see if the colors looked good and if the black was opaque, it is now being printed 10x3 foot as I type this.

Attachments

• DSC00209.jpg
    DSC00209.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 86

J Hill Designs

I need to bend some ears. Anyone have issues with edge curl on print/cut translucent? wasn't heavy saturation at all, since i used the clear print 2nd surface technique to beefen up the colors when lit..

splizaat

I use Oracal 3651 transparent, print 2 passes with a half second delay between each pass, then laminate with 210 and apply to translucent white polycarbonate.
Here is a 12" sample i made today to see if the colors looked good and if the black was opaque, it is now being printed 10x3 foot as I type this.

Same here, 3651 Clear with 210 Lam. But we print using uni-directional with 1 overprint. No need to wait between passes etc. Just make sure the post heater is nice and warm so it dries before you start rolling it up.

We wait a full day before laminating cuz there's super heavy ink.

miltecnico

old school shop with young gun tech savvy

Hey everyone, I have a simple question relating to backlight signs, printing on translucent oracal 3651 my boss likes to print two pieces for each sign and layer them on top each other. Ids this necessary? I know we don't want a washed out sign but couldn't we use double ink coverage on the first layer,

My issue comes with not laminating the first layer, getting minor stretching and then trying to match that on 2nd layer is ridiculous. I would like to know if there are any tips aside from using water too avoid stretching the first layer.

Here out seems everything gets applied with water and no shop ice worked at before relied on that but for multi layers/coloured vinyl.. once in a while

Any help with printing, application or materials. Thanks

miltecnico

I looked at the package, am not there now But the one i mentioned - is clear i suppose. Are you saying this should be best applied to the rear of the face, and then print on actual translucent for the front.

This would be helpful because i would like yup laminate my prints. And obviously the rear would be printed reverse its it goes on the rear.
Thanks