• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer choice

JoshLoring

Most plotters cant Perf Cut.
If you want a finished product get the Roland. Better quality hands down.

I can cut stickers all day, Laminate them and throw back on for cutting. Set the perf cut and both sticker and paper are cut.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tap-Handle.jpg
    Tap-Handle.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 127

ProWraps

cuts the vinyl, and then uses a second contour cut line to actually cut through the backer perf'ing the backer to have the effect of a true die cut decal.

astro8

yeah, i have a dealer in sarasota for the epson, will check it out. still lists for 17,995 from them . and then i would have to buy plotter too?

Different country and prices but I have a GS6000 and just bought today a Summa S160D...add that with the GBC Titan64 I have and now I'm set.

ProWraps

its a nifty feature, but the second you watch your pile of money jerking back and forth and making all kinds of noises that you dont want it to, you may do what i did, and never use the feature ever again.

JoshLoring

Pat- With perf cut your always cutting the same material. Stickers. You all can take it how you will but there are only 2 drawbacks to perf cutting with the Roland...

You will use more blades.
You will buy more cutting strips.

However, most die cut shops charge in excess of 300$ for a die to punch the paper on stickers.

It's quite easy to upsale your client, have a perf cut sticker handy and a sticker that's cut in a square by hand.... Say this one costs this much, the perf cut costs this much. You can easily mark up significantly per sticker to overcover the costs on blades and strips and 98% of the time the client will want perf because no other shop in town will be able to do it.

MachServTech

The Summa Cutters Perf cut. I have done thousands of stickers on my Summa 160T (T=tangential) . In my experience Summa makes the highest quality vinyl cutter in the industry. Just IMHO :smile:

JoshLoring

Ooo. I wish my Roland cut in a channel!! Lol, however the broad
message if your gonna diecut digital stickers.... Get a machine that perf cuts! You can easily increase profits where non perf cutting people can't.

Simple as that.
Brian- thanks I might look into one of those summas :)

signage

No problem Josh! Also Omega just added a feature to the new Omega Composer software to be able to do the same thing along with a crack and peal cut!

JoshLoring

Perf cut was in 2.2. Assign perf cut and enable in advanced settings. Beware, you WILL need to perform multiple test cuts to get the right settings. One for normal cut and one to punch paper. Input the two settings and it will flawlessly work. Don't use the factory settings.
I have 3.3.0 and it works great all around.

CheapVehicleWrap

graphtec perf cuts. and i back the two machine theory.

SOME graphtecs do. My q160 wont. It even has the groove too which is only used for the page cut blade. But it does not have the 2 position blade holder. Fighting with tech support I was told even if I machine the 2 piece blade holder the firmware won't support it. It's just an offset.