Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer Maintenance

Discussion in 'Roland' started by ScottyAdams, Dec 26, 2012.

1. ScottyAdams

ScottyAdams Member

Apr 6, 2012
    What do you guys all do?
    Daily?
    Weekly?
    Monthly?
    Yearly?

Ive had our Roland VS-540 for about 6 months now. Just curious what everyone else is doing to keep their machines running nicely. Thanks!

Tags:
  2. john1

john1 Guest

Depends on how much your printing, I only print a few hours a week and clean it every 2 weeks manually and have the machine self clean every 8 hours itself.

If your printing a lot you would clean it every few days if not daily.

3. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    once a week no matter how much i print Roland RE

4. kanini

kanini Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Manual cleaning once a week or every 2:nd week if I don't feel for it on friday afternoons when I always do the cleanings. Have two SP:s.
    Replaced the wipers on the older machine when they started to look bent. Other that that, just print, print and print...

5. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Its the next part of the schedule I am needed some info on please. Thanks OP for posting this.

After general maintenance and cleaning, how often are you suppose to replace cap tops, wipers, clean encoder, oil or greese blade holder etc

I don't print to often -- 2 times a week maybe.

Thank you,
    Marlus

6. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    When we had Rolands it was daily. They'd print sometimes 20 hours a day. Better off spending 5 minutes giving the heads, wipers, cap tops a clean then finding problems with your prints.

7. ScottyAdams

ScottyAdams Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Ok so currently Im doing weekly manual cleaning every friday. We are usually printing every day, every other day on slow weeks (but a number of prints in the day). I let the printer do self cleaning every 8 hours. wiper is still in great condition. blade is sharp. Is there anything else I should be greasing or cleaning?

8. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    Ouch!!...I ruined a print head trying to race the print heads...$$$$ not fun.

That's how I found out the reason for this decal.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  10. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton

Hey Tim, I could NOT find any videos on printer maintenance on Roland TV or their YouTube channel.

On the YouTube channel, I did a search for printer maintenance, here are the results:

Search results for "printer maintenance":

This channel has no content that matched the search.

Do you have a specific link to what printer maintenance video(s) you are referring to?

Thanks

Attached Files:

11. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  12. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    Bump...

just spent an hour cleaning my printer today. I manually cleaned around the heads, replaced all wipers, and cleaned around the cap tops. It's about 5 years old now and still working like a champ. Is there anything I should worry about?? I feel like there's something that I should lubricate by now.