• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Maintenance

ScottyAdams

What do you guys all do?
Daily?
Weekly?
Monthly?
Yearly?

Ive had our Roland VS-540 for about 6 months now. Just curious what everyone else is doing to keep their machines running nicely. Thanks!

J

john1

Depends on how much your printing, I only print a few hours a week and clean it every 2 weeks manually and have the machine self clean every 8 hours itself.

If your printing a lot you would clean it every few days if not daily.

kanini

Manual cleaning once a week or every 2:nd week if I don't feel for it on friday afternoons when I always do the cleanings. Have two SP:s.
Replaced the wipers on the older machine when they started to look bent. Other that that, just print, print and print...

DizzyMarkus

Its the next part of the schedule I am needed some info on please. Thanks OP for posting this.

After general maintenance and cleaning, how often are you suppose to replace cap tops, wipers, clean encoder, oil or greese blade holder etc

I don't print to often -- 2 times a week maybe.

Thank you,
Marlus

jasonx

When we had Rolands it was daily. They'd print sometimes 20 hours a day. Better off spending 5 minutes giving the heads, wipers, cap tops a clean then finding problems with your prints.

ScottyAdams

Ok so currently Im doing weekly manual cleaning every friday. We are usually printing every day, every other day on slow weeks (but a number of prints in the day). I let the printer do self cleaning every 8 hours. wiper is still in great condition. blade is sharp. Is there anything else I should be greasing or cleaning?

Charlie J

With our Roland:

wipers = at the first sign of warping/curling
blade(s) = as soon as they get dull
cap tops = just replaced them for the first time after 3 years....but I'm told it's supposed to be every 6 months
media clamps = whenever I'm dumb enough to try popping them in and "racing" the heads - and lose the race. Just about broke my wrist a while back but all I broke was the clip on the clamp
everything else= not sure....as required I guess

Ouch!!...I ruined a print head trying to race the print heads...$$$$ not fun.

That's how I found out the reason for this decal.
attachment.php

Attachments

• warning decal.jpg
    warning decal.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 71

phototec

Hey Tim, I could NOT find any videos on printer maintenance on Roland TV or their YouTube channel.

On the YouTube channel, I did a search for printer maintenance, here are the results:

Search results for "printer maintenance":

This channel has no content that matched the search.

Do you have a specific link to what printer maintenance video(s) you are referring to?

Thanks

Attachments

• Roland Academy search results.jpg
    Roland Academy search results.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 64

Charlie J

Bump...

just spent an hour cleaning my printer today. I manually cleaned around the heads, replaced all wipers, and cleaned around the cap tops. It's about 5 years old now and still working like a champ. Is there anything I should worry about?? I feel like there's something that I should lubricate by now.