• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Wide Format "WHITE INK" HELP

wouldduck

Hi All,

I'm new and need some direction. I want to make logos for cars and etc. Also want to make decals. Now what kind of wide format or other type of pinter do I need.
I recently purchased a Roland GX24 and have another cutter available.
Can I use this printer for sub to do hats Tshirts and mugs. Way too much info out there.
Yes we have vendors # and and trying to build up business.

Any help would be appreciated. We plan on going to the show in Indy this year want to get my homework done early.

D

Digitall

Welcomefrom Cleveland Ohio. you are right, there is a lot to choose from. going to a show will surely help you to find the right machines which fit in your budget for your market. There is also the option of looking through the merchant members list to your left and sub the work out to them while you are getting situated.

good Luck

rick

particleman

I'm confused as to what exactly the question is here, but if you're looking for a printer that will do white ink the Mimaki JV33 is one to look at. We don't use that setup, but the results with white ink was pretty nice. Check out the Mimaki booth at indy, they will be able to demo it for your.

wouldduck

Thanks

Thanks For the input

I want to do tshirts on all colors do I need a white ink in a wide format printer? I understand the contour cutting but the printer and ink selection seems to be the main issue. I was thinking of using sisler colorprint or sisler glitter print. Want to do hats in the future.

I am using C88 with ArTainium UV+ for sub on mugs and it works fine.
We also do vinyl signs

D

Digitall

You can use your 88 for dye sub on light polyester shirts. There is a new autotrans product coming out soon that is a one step no weed transfer paper for lights and darks. The lights work incredible and with the darks we run the paper through the laser leaving out the white and then simply pad print the white areas onto the paper and then transfer to the dark garment. We can do this because our pad printer is very large and we can get a 4"x9" print. You might also want to look at a Direct to Garment machine, but do your homework to get the right one for you. Again, you will find what you need at the shows

Rick