• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printhead source Seiko Colorpainter 64s

rgaskins

Hi, looking for some printheads for the colorpainter 64s, any ideas? man these are expensive, I hate to trash the printers but dang...LOL..Thanks for any help!

artbot

clogged km512's can be saved with NMP as a cleaner. i saved 6 heads that were deemed "dead/clogged" using it.

csc

clogged KM 512 print heads

Hello artbot, I recently acquired 3 hp9000s printers that's been sitting for a few years.
can you shed a little more light on how exactly you used the NMP solvent?
Did you flush, ultrasound or just expose the orifice surface to the solution?

I do have butyl carbital which I use to clean caps and wipers. Recommended
a while back by you, thanks.
I know these heads were not flushed before storing the printers, so they may be pretty dried up.
Can you help?

Thanks for all the input that you share with all of us.
csc

artbot

the heads that were cleaned were flushed (maybe not as thoroughly as possible). then the printer sat in a crate for about six months during the hottest part of texas summer. when the heads wouldn't clear up we soaked them in a tray of CET oem cleaning fluid. that didn't clean them. they were at this point installed in the printer. we pressed about one syringe's worth of NMP through each head and they were cleaned. over the next months, i was very cautious about using NMP so i'd follow up quickly with oem fluid. but we never had issues and grew increasingly less worried about damage. just recently, i've installed a H700 (toshiba heads) in my studio. i used NMP on these as well. no damage to the heads but, i did melt the drain tube to the drain tank. it also wasn't able to save the spare clogged heads that came with the printer. ...these heads had been stored with ink in them for several years so it was stretch that they'd come clean.

csc

Shortly after purchasing my HP9000 back in 2005, I did some research and found
DCA04 NDI cleaning solution by Lyson which is sold by NAZDAR, I was told that this
solution is used for cleaning true solvent grand format printers.
I used this solution since then on the wipers and caps. However, I read your thread
about using Butyl Carbitol as a cleaning solution and have used that instead of lyson
for the simple reason that BT is not evaporate as quickly as the DCA04.

On the last 6 heads I just recently reclaimed from a printer which sat for several years in a storage trailer under the
hot nevada sun, I managed to clear all the orifices in all the heads. The heads were installed
on the printer just yesterday and today I will be priming the system, and clearing any errors
that may appear and see if they discharge properly. Hopefully the DCA04 solution did not dammage any of the head's

I used the last of the Lyson solution in the process of cleaning those heads.
I believe that because of the agressiveness of the solution, I was able to unclogg the heads
using ultrasound and an aftermarket ink pump.

I will post again once I have results of the reclaimed heads.

artbot

you can adjust the agressiveness of the carbitol by simply changing the ratio of acetone. print heads seem to be fine with all ketones. if you want to bump up the strength of the ketone, you can add MEK. as for the carbitol, i once saw an EFI msds for their "head maintenance fluid" and it was 100% butyl carbitol (thanks efi). some inks are diethylene' glycol and some are dipropylene' glycol based. i'm not sure what is in the seiko ink. when using the nmp i use it straight. nmp is very strong (it's used to strip powder coat). all in all, i'm impressed with how solvent resistant these heads are after playing around with some pretty nasty stuff.

csc

hp/ seiko pump tubing

Hello Artbot,

Thanks for your reply.
I would like to know if you have purchased pump tubing for the hp 9000 or seiko 4s.
a while back I ordered from a china suppier some 8mm x 4mm pump tubing but the hardness
was too much for the single pump motor for the capping station in the hp9000 causing current overload error.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hi, looking for some printheads for the colorpainter 64s, any ideas? man these are expensive, I hate to trash the printers but dang...LOL..Thanks for any help!

We have 64s printheads in stock to ship from California. $1,104 each - Brand new KM512MN/14 for Seiko 64s printers. Damper is $12 each in stock.
http://www.premiercolour.com/konica-km512-mn-14/
http://www.premiercolour.com/damper-hp-9000s-seiko-64s/

Pay good attention to NPM. Good product but make sure to protect your hands well. I let the fluid sitting in the DX4 head overnight. It ate off the rubber sealing of the head. I'd ask Artbot the detail to use. Very good solution. Recovered a few other DX4 heads though.

Shogun

Can anyone reccomend these?

We have 64s printheads in stock to ship from California. $1,104 each - Brand new KM512MN/14 for Seiko 64s printers. Damper is $12 each in stock.
http://www.premiercolour.com/konica-km512-mn-14/
http://www.premiercolour.com/damper-hp-9000s-seiko-64s/

Pay good attention to NPM. Good product but make sure to protect your hands well. I let the fluid sitting in the DX4 head overnight. It ate off the rubber sealing of the head. I'd ask Artbot the detail to use. Very good solution. Recovered a few other DX4 heads though.

just wondering if anyone has tried these & can give me a product review as i'm looking at purchasing 3 of them

premiercolour

Merchant Member
just wondering if anyone has tried these & can give me a product review as i'm looking at purchasing 3 of them

Hello.

We are an merchant member here since 2008.

Below link you will find our eBay store sold 11 pcs. 100% feedback remaining. Sell the HP9000 while you can; get a Roland. Less maintenance, less headaches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KM512MN-14P...791?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eba7d7cff

Shipping out of country is about $100-120 via Fedex IP. It takes 3-4 days to arrive.

Francis

ELESSE

HP Designjet 9000 questions - a resource suggestion

CSC,
I saw an old post of yours on another thread looking for someone with HP Designjet 9000S experience (you've had some replies there, so you might want to check it out). I got a post from a member named Danno in North Carolina, in response to a thread I started in the New Member Forum http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...an-overture-for-a-bit-of-help&highlight=danno. He wrote that his shop is running a couple of them, so you might find some useful info if you can link up with him. I'm going to work at trying to clean some dry 9000S printheads myself, see if I can get them going again.
Hope this helps.
Elesse

danno

As for cleaning the heads, I haven't had much good luck. I guess we just wear them out. It usually isn't the nozzles that go on ours. I think the inside resiviour gives up. When we start having an issue we will flush with acetone and follow up the the seiko fluid. It does well, but the issue with ours has been an air leak from inside the head cavity. As for another printer, I would consider the Seiko H2 or M series. I really haven't seen anything else that would be capable of the colour gamut and durabilty to match the 9000s or the 64.