• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Clipart

themadsigntist

I have 1000s of clipart files on a seperate computer and I am trying to figure out how to print them out into a book. Does anyone know how to print multiple images onto a page so that I dont have to print one per page? I have adobe software if its possible to do that in there.

Thanks,
The Mad Signtist

ddubia

If they're images create an 8.4 x 11 page in Illustrator and then place each image there. Size them then arrange them on the page and print on your desktop printer.

If they're vector I'd think you have to open them one at a time and then copy & paste them into a page. Size, arrange then print.

Off the top of my head, which is kinda pointy, that's what I've come up with so far.

MikePro

can combine multiple files, of all types, into a single .pdf using Adobe Acrobat Pro and you can print it from there via "multiple pages per sheet" option when you go to print.
...and maybe instead of printing it, why not just buy an old iPad for cheap and keep it "paperless" and cooler to swipe-through?

beyond that, maybe youtube it to see what/how you go about making a catalog using this feature? cause i'm sure you'd like a quick-way to reference the file once selected from the printed images.
i'm interested myself, for the same reason, but I haven't used catalogs in ages. (nor clipart books, unfortunately. all logos here, for the most part)

DizzyMarkus

I looked into this awhile back and just didn't spend the time. This is a read all(most majors file extensions) program and works well at that -- it is suppose to batch process thumbnails and I had it doing that at one time. Have a look and check it out, please repost back :0)

Markus

http://www.irfanview.com/

Techman

older photoshop version had a print contact sheet function. It would import and paginate entire folders of images. Newer version can do it but its a chore to figure it out.

I still use photoshop ver. 6 that does 98% of everything ever needed. I've seen it around ebay for about 10 bucks.

Also, photoshop elements ver 6 has a contact sheet function as well. I never used it but its about the same and full PS.
I've seen this one on ebay for about 5 bucks