• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Double-Sided Banner on JV3-130SPII... Aneurysm Ensues

myronb

I use the 14oz LG & I think it works pretty good! One thing I found with double sided banners:

Line up to the right edge on the first side, then flip the panel & line up to the left edge for the second side.

Also, when I poll the size, Production Manager only sees 52". I have to look at the display on the JV3 and change the media size manually*usually about 52.8 or so.

Myron

Imminent Death

professor.png

Good news everybody!

We got it to work! We messed around with the masking tape trick and got it to hit spot on. We pretty much did what Marie and insignia recommended and had to play in Postershop for a while.

Thanks everyone for the help!

:thankyou:

KR3signguy

Hitting the registration is just the beginning.
I still recommend outsourcing this one.
I also prefer Ultraflex over LG.

Hey Merrit, have you ever used Cooley's
dreamscape wallpaper media? If so what do you think?

indianajoe

I have a mimai jv3-160 and here is what I did to print double sided and have it line up perfectly! If you are getting the tops and bottoms of the banner to line up that is half the battle. Now you just need the left & right sides of the banners to line up. Here's how I did it. Once the printer is set up with material loaded and it is ready to be put in REMOTE, I took a pencil and made marks on the edges of the banner lining up with landmarks on the printer. In other words I made marks where the horizontal aluminum and black strips lie on the left and right side of the vinyl near where the print head passes. Then I followed the mark on each side around to the the back side of the banner and made similar hash marks on the back side. Remember which "landmark" you used to line up the pencil marks with. This is your "registration mark" Now when you flip the banner over to print the back side, if these lines are lined up with the same landmarks on the back side when the printer finishes registering the vinyl, you are golden. Now it's important to know that when you load the vinyl and align the marks on the back side, your printer registers the vinyl and then moves away from the mark and they will be out of alignment. Then you have to use your arrow buttons to move the vinyl forward or back again and realign the mark. As you do this you are changing the location of the origin. When it lines up, hit enter and the new origin will be established. However each time the machine advances or shifts the vinyl slightly when it does it's final registration. On your machine, you may have to make a second mark after the machine shifts using the same landmark and measure the distance between the first and second marks. That tells you how much the vinyl has shifted. Measure the amount. I think my machine shift was 1/4". Then just shift your line 1/4" the opposite direction from what the material shifts the vinyl and when the machine shifts the line will line up with your landmark. Once it lines up after the machine stops shifting the vinyl, you know you are ready. I think I printed about 14 banners in a row that lined up perfectly front to back. I only needed 14 but I'm sure it would've kept in alignment if I needed more. So just in review, I made marks aligning with some landmark on the printer, found out how much printer shifted after loading the vinyl with the marks aligned and then reloaded the vinyl so that the marks were off the amount the printer shifts the vinyl when loading and then when the printer finished its registration, the lines lined up. That allowed me to know that whatever I printed on the second side started printing at exactly the same point as the first side. Anyway, hope that wasn't too cryptic. Good Luck.

Hitting the registration is just the beginning.
I still recommend outsourcing this one.
I also prefer Ultraflex over LG.

Hey Merrit, have you ever used Cooley's
dreamscape wallpaper media? If so what do you think?

Have not used Cooley Dreamscape. We do use Ultraflex and Korographics on a regular basis and really like them both.