• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Double Sided Banners

ProColorGraphics

I am just wondering if anyone has printed double sided banners with their Roland? I am using a VP-540 that I bought new about 1 month ago. I have an order for 100 2' by 6' banners and I am trying to find the best way to make them.

Thank you for your help!

speedmedia

I hope they are not for a reverend out of Africa....

You might think about outsourcing an order that large. Would take forever to print. If you outsource you can be hands free and probably save some $$$ in the meantime.

Just be sure you use a reputable source who has a staff that can come through on the order and results they promise.

Thanks,
Kurt

ProColorGraphics

I hope they are not for a reverend out of Africa....

You might think about outsourcing an order that large. Would take forever to print. If you outsource you can be hands free and probably save some $$$ in the meantime.

Just be sure you use a reputable source who has a staff that can come through on the order and results they promise.

Thanks,
Kurt

Thanks Kurt. They are for the local Chamber of Commerce who has paid some money down already. I think I will probably end up outsourcing them. For the amount of time it would take me to do them versus the profit difference to outsource them, it wouldn't make sense to do them myself.

anotherdog

Its not too hard to do. I have a VP-540, I have done double sided, including a 20x4ft banner.
Smaller is actually easier because there is less room for them to skew.

Print em in batches of 4, create a corner mark at the zero position. make sure your feed is completely straight. print the banners, turn over wind back onto the feed roller (helps to keep the roll true). use a pin through the corner mark, when you turn over align the print head on the pin hole (good for most positioning). print the second side (remember to flip the design in versaworks so both sides are the right way).

You may get away with larger batches depending on the design and the need for exact backing up.

or you could outsource. It is good to know how to do it though.

signpro

Manager
I print double sided on my SP540 quite often.

for that, i would setup the files side by side, probably 4 at time total. and start going.

but for 100 of them? outsource for sure. 10-15... i'd do inhouse.