Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing Double Sided Banners

Discussion in 'Roland' started by ProColorGraphics, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am just wondering if anyone has printed double sided banners with their Roland? I am using a VP-540 that I bought new about 1 month ago. I have an order for 100 2' by 6' banners and I am trying to find the best way to make them.

Thank you for your help!

Tags:
  2. speedmedia

speedmedia Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2007
    I hope they are not for a reverend out of Africa....

You might think about outsourcing an order that large. Would take forever to print. If you outsource you can be hands free and probably save some $$$ in the meantime.

Just be sure you use a reputable source who has a staff that can come through on the order and results they promise.

Thanks,
    Kurt

3. ProColorGraphics

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Thanks Kurt. They are for the local Chamber of Commerce who has paid some money down already. I think I will probably end up outsourcing them. For the amount of time it would take me to do them versus the profit difference to outsource them, it wouldn't make sense to do them myself.

4. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Its not too hard to do. I have a VP-540, I have done double sided, including a 20x4ft banner.
    Smaller is actually easier because there is less room for them to skew.

Print em in batches of 4, create a corner mark at the zero position. make sure your feed is completely straight. print the banners, turn over wind back onto the feed roller (helps to keep the roll true). use a pin through the corner mark, when you turn over align the print head on the pin hole (good for most positioning). print the second side (remember to flip the design in versaworks so both sides are the right way).

You may get away with larger batches depending on the design and the need for exact backing up.

or you could outsource. It is good to know how to do it though.

5. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

i know you want to use your new machine, but just call mike at merritt

6. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Premium Subscriber

anything over 10 banners, i sub out...

7. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
  8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I'd sub that one to Merritt. Anything that big, you can't afford not to for the time it would take.

9. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Sub It Out !

10. SoCalN8V

SoCalN8V Active Member

11. ProColorGraphics

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
  12. SoCalN8V

SoCalN8V Active Member

I guess you need to become a Contributing Member in order to view this. Something worth considering since you'll gain much more than this membership costs.

13. signpro

signpro Manager

Dec 29, 2008
    Central Wisconsin
    I print double sided on my SP540 quite often.

for that, i would setup the files side by side, probably 4 at time total. and start going.

but for 100 of them? outsource for sure. 10-15... i'd do inhouse.