• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing eco solvent Wall mural in my son's bedroom. Need Advice

WildWestDesigns

agree, that's what I initially thought... since I am not making a profit nor reselling should be ok.

Be mindful that it really doesn't depend on if profit is being made, but if there are "damages" being done.

For instance, say that you printing something just for you, but there is a licensed version of that exact same product already out there. By you doing it yourself, you are cutting into their ability to make money of that sale. If you do it for a buddy (you didn't say that you were, I'm just mentioning this as an example), again, no profit (bare in mind not getting profit doesn't mean that you aren't being compensated for materials etc), then that's another sale that they aren't getting. That's not even getting into the quality of what was done on yours versus the licensed version etc.

I'm not saying that I agree with how things are being done (or that I disagree), but it really doesn't depend on if there is a profit motive or not. Now a profit motive may make it more likely that you'll get caught, but that doesn't mean that in of itself, that without it you couldn't get into trouble. Then got to think about who has the money to fight it, regardless if right or wrong?

Signturesigns

Be mindful that it really doesn't depend on if profit is being made, but if there are "damages" being done.

For instance, say that you printing something just for you, but there is a licensed version of that exact same product already out there. By you doing it yourself, you are cutting into their ability to make money of that sale. If you do it for a buddy (you didn't say that you were, I'm just mentioning this as an example), again, no profit (bare in mind not getting profit doesn't mean that you aren't being compensated for materials etc), then that's another sale that they aren't getting. That's not even getting into the quality of what was done on yours versus the licensed version etc.

I'm not saying that I agree with how things are being done (or that I disagree), but it really doesn't depend on if there is a profit motive or not. Now a profit motive may make it more likely that you'll get caught, but that doesn't mean that in of itself, that without it you couldn't get into trouble. Then got to think about who has the money to fight it, regardless if right or wrong?
Makes good sense to me, appreciate the thoughtful feedback.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Since you're new, you should know it's illegal to print trademarked images unless you obtain a license to distribute.

Thanks for that Clarence Darrow. Did anyone ask or is it that you just can't help yourself being a d!ck?

DerbyCitySignGuy

When you did the cut vinyl did you use only singly color and try to put the tree together like a puzzle? Green makes the leaves and then cut brown vinyl for the trunk? Feels to be a lot of work?

It was just white cut vinyl. There was some left over at work. Haha!

It would be pretty easy to do green and brown though. Just cut both, make registration marks to line them up and then either apply one, then the other OR put them together on the same release liner and apply it all at once. Either way works.

d fleming

Thank you! Where do I buy such product? Phototex is it more expensive. I was planning to butt seam panels so seems it would work.. but curious whats the advantage of this product vs the 3m vinyl with adhesive that I already have aside from easier install?.
Fellers, tubelight, etc. Doesn't have to be phototex brand, there are a few other brand names but fabric is what you want. If you but seam vinyl it will most likely shrink back after a bit exposing your seams. Phototex is very easy to apply. Grab a big squeegee and let er rip.