• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing from LONG cables... Small Issue.

::ONEBADBUG::

Ok threw the Fiery away and resolved the color issue without it.. Dumb me is all I have to say about that...

NEXT QUESTION::
In my offce which is a measly 13' X 13'... I seriously don't want to run an IEEE cable that goes diagonally across the room, where I will stub it on the chair everytime I roll it away from across the desk and short of pulling up carpet, subfloolr and the like to enable me to route it below is not an option....

So the nxt thing was to get a good high quality Belkin style 25' cable to run around the perimeter of 2 walls in the office.

The problem I seem to get now is this...
If I am working with an ad type image with say drawn in up to 256 colors it works flawlessly..

But when I go to send in full 600dpi enviroment with millions of colors, granted knowing the file sizes large, it seems everytime I send the first full size printsize I get this spastic mess of color that prints up and is unstopable until it is done.. ut when you print the 2nd thru 100th they all print perfect and without issue...

Would it be that the cable being 25' have anything to do with this?

I keep thinking that the original first packets of info might be getting 'corrupted' due to the lenght maybe and it just takes the time of the first print to dump and retrive the remainder missing info from the packets that make all the other prints correct and organized product...

Any ideas or thoughts?

Techman

For USB2.0 the maximum is 17 ft and for USB1.0/1.1 it's 10ft

Parallel printer cable max is 15 ft.. (centronics)

IEEEE PArallel is 25 ft..

::ONEBADBUG::

Yes I know what the suggested standards are on port type to lenghts are... Was wondering if the the cable length would be a only factor to reguarding only print/proof one...

It's gotten so predictable that on page 1 now I pull the good media and load in some garbage media and let it dump itself and just let it run out of the system... and then after reloading media & hitting print with a qty# again...

Most times, and especially doing small stuf, it really doesnt bother me, but when on nice canvas or velvet photo @ 54" X 108" its dumps too much time and wastinf ink into the round file...

One shot baffled...