• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing from PHOTOSHOP files

I design in photoshop a good amount.. What is the best option for printing to a roland xc540? Should I save the photoshop design as a TIF, EPS , Or PDF?

Which format is the best to print from?

I've tried them all and they seem to work ok, but im not sure if it makes a difference in the color etc..

BALLPARK

I think TIF files are the best file type to print from Photoshop. Flatten the image and save as a tiff.

Gotta love the XC-540, it is a work horse and then some.

mark in tx

What makes the biggest difference is your color workflow, from Photoshop to the RIP.

That being said, I usually export a flattened tif, Adobe RGB, full size, 96 dpi with LZW compression out of Photoshop.

MikePro

+1 to tiff

I also import the tiffs to Illustrator if needed to add my vectored objects + scales and save/print @ .eps from there.

signswi

Tiff for output, if I need vector elements I save as .psd and bring it into Illustrator as a link (not embedded) or InDesign, add the vector elements, and export as an x-4 standard PDF. EPS doesn't support color management properly so I avoid it if possible now that Onyx handles PDF well.

Depending on your RIP you may also have the option to print straight to it from Photoshop, skipping the Tiff intermediary step.

copythat

Jmo

Everything you do should have a work flow, so that everything prints and reads well. We have a PDF work flow. Everything is calibrated to run with same ICC profile. Look into what works for you.