• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing issue

Jburns

I agree with Joe House, also unplugged, pull the side cover off with the cables, and check that the Print Head Cable is seated properly. Also check your head cable connections at the head- you have to take the dancer bar off and foil squeegee to do this. Pull the upper shell cover off, and check power connections to capacitor, and remaining connectors.

Alex P

Try a head clean with a microfibre cloth and some IsoPropynol 99% or Denatured alcohol, I clean mine every day before big jobs. They say every 2 metres of print a quick wipe of the head is required. In my experience white foil leaves the most residue

FunkotronXL

I agree with Joe House and Jburns on this one. Had a similar issue years ago; ended up being a pinched wire in the harness for the printhead data cable. Your issue is exhibiting more energy transmission symptoms though.

Check for any bent, crimped, or pinched cabling and reseat all your connections both top and bottom for the main cable cluster than runs from the upper frame to the board below. Blow out any dust on the boards while you're at it.

gabagoo

I would try reseating all the cables (with the Edge unplugged of course). Also, make sure that the grounding strap at the back, between the base and the head is in good shape.

I would try this as well... The unit can vibrate at times causing things to loosen up I suppose. I have opened my edge up many times and made sure everything is inserted correctly as I have had problems over the years with a beeping sound and no print at all. I have narrowed it down to one connection that was causing it so every few months I just re set it.