• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Neon colors

jason91

no its real flo ink...its so new still a lot of testing going on and still a ways to go...fading is a huge issue, fades a lot faster than the neon vinyl...if they can slow down the fade to at least the vinyl fade time then it would change the market for sure.

signman315

Signmaker
Pretty sure they are using imported fluorescent inks and printing them as spot colors. Probably took some re working of the computers firmware if i had to guess.
Sounds to me like this is the case. I.E. load flourescent into a white ink cartridge and trick the RIP by telling it to spot print what it thinks is white but is actually ink of your choice....no different than printing white on any RIP/printer just with a custom color loaded into the bag.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
It is possible. My client is printing florescent colors on his Mutoh 1628x printers with florescent solvent inks. It is pretty cool.

WheelieNelson

It is possible. My client is printing florescent colors on his Mutoh 1628x printers with florescent solvent inks. It is pretty cool.
Any chance you have a good source to order the inks for 628x? I put in a order through signwarehouse for Enduraink fluorescent. It’s been almost two weeks and Endura ink still hasn’t processed my order is what signwarehouse told me. Luckily my printer is discharged currently but I can’t wait much longer. So frustrating