• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on clear vinyl with clear adhesive

SirSlarty

What permanent clear adhesive materials are available for a VersaCAMM to be able to view the graphic from the clear adhesive side (much like a clear static cling)?

ChiknNutz

You could probably use just about any normal vinyl...not necessarily print media...something like Oracal 751 or 3M 7125 or 7725. However, unless you are only printing black or backing this up with white, you will be disappointed with the colors of an inkjet on clear media.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Roland has a clear vinyl with a optically clear adhesive for printing. Check with your supplier, other manufactures have it also.

petepaz

I Have Use The Oracal 751 And 651 Both Have Worked Fine But They Do Make Vinyls With Optically Clear Adhesive For Indoor Window Decals

SirSlarty

This is going outside. I'm more worried about durability. The client is more worried about the way the clear adhesive looks. Doesn't want the graphic image to get blurry.

Fellers recommends Oracal 3651 Cal. PVC (5-years durability, which is good) and I had asked our rep a long time for a sample but Oracal said they couldn't send one. Doesn't say if it's optically clear.

I suppose I could order a yard of 751 and 651 for samples.

mediaman

Use Roland's ESM-CCV2 that has an optically clear adhesive, which is the result of the clear liner. The liner keeps the adhesive perfectly flat and, as a result, optically clear. This is the way Oracal keeps their 290GF optically clear. The liner can cause excessive static on the vinyl, so you may want to wipe the vinyl with anti-stat gloves or rag.