• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing On Glass

inamli

Hi Artbot, I have FB700 printer in Turkey. I cant print on glass on melamine faced chipboard too. Also I have uv curable roller coater. I'm testing many material and chemical choice. Marabu ist cheap, but very quality choice for screen printing. But cmyk have more alternative products for hp Scitex and FB500-700. http://www.c-m-y-k.com/. Akzo-nobel just trying uv based primer for melamine and glass in their labs.

artbot

marabu got back with me concerning their glass primer. they only sell it in 5 liter quantities (not sensible for doing a small test). maybe it works, maybe it doesn't but for now, i may just go back to the lab that i use for my
other custom coatings and ask them what they suggest.

the bordeaux line looks to have quite a few useful options. they have a factory in santa clara CA. i'm going to contact them. hopefully i don't need to purchase a drum in order to perform a simple adhesion test.

Matt-Tastic

FYI, CET sells a glass boost primer, which increases adhesion on glass. you have to leave the print for 24 hours to complete the curing process any time you're printing on glass. While the surface is completely dry, there are elements still reacting underneath that film. I've gotten very good adhesion on glass, but the 2 main factors are let it sit for a while and don't print to the edge.

Glass Boost Primer: http://www.advantagesignsupply.com/CET-COLOR-Glass-Boost-Primer-liter

rubo

powder coat does the magic - you even have a choice between matte or shiny (forgot the proper word :banghead:), anyways, I print on tiles - ceramic, glass, marble etc..., and have them powder coated - haven't had a single complaint yet - I mean, everything is scratch-able - to a degree - are we talking deliberate vandalism or "natural" wear and tear?